• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'll get shot down for this and it hurts to even suggest it. Surely with rates rising and it now seems to be rife within clubs as the number of postponements tells us football should be brought to a halt.

In the games I've been watching spitting has increased, players are man hugging half the other team instead of a fist pump or whatever its called. And that's just for starters.

Load your rifles.

Surely with the major outbreaks at Villa and Derby enough is enough for a while.
More and more people within those clubs being put at risk and for what?

It's only a game

Surely with the major outbreaks at Villa and Derby enough is enough for a while.
More and more people within those clubs being put at risk and for what?

It's only a game

Aren't they just workers that can't work from home - no different from millions of other people??

And not really classed as key workers and doubt many are furloughed or short of a bob or two in the top divisions

From BBC Sport...

++

More than 100 positive Covid-19 cases have been recorded after tests were carried out among players at staff at 66 English Football League clubs.

A total of 112 individuals were positive out of the 3,507 players and club staff tested this week.

++

A rate of 3,193 per 100,000 pro-rata.....

And not really classed as key workers and doubt many are furloughed or short of a bob or two in the top divisions

I personally think it's only a matter of time before the Gov say enough. I can see why they've tried to keep it going, we're a national who is football mad, and quite frankly, the only thing we have right now in our lives.

68053 cases and 1325 deaths!

Some seriously scary numbers.

It's not great is it.

I think we need a big lock down for a month and RishI Sunak to come up with a package to pay everyone.

Limited trains and buses, only key workers are allowed to work. This is getting out of control.

Back in the summer, I think we all thought we'd be out of this by the end of the year, in fact it's got worse.

I feel sorry for the youth of today, they're going to be paying for this for so many years and they don't even know it.

It's not great is it.

I think we need a big lock down for a month and RishI Sunak to come up with a package to pay everyone.

Limited trains and buses, only key workers are allowed to work. This is getting out of control.

Back in the summer, I think we all thought we'd be out of this by the end of the year, in fact it's got worse.

I feel sorry for the youth of today, they're going to be paying for this for so many years and they don't even know it.
We'll need to find him first - he seems to have gone AWOL...

68053 cases and 1325 deaths!

Some seriously scary numbers.

And to think, when Whitty & Valance tried to warn the population about a potential 50k cases per day figure, some people - public figures no less - derided them, mocked them & claimed to know better than them.

I’ve seen claims recently that 1 in 18 people have the virus in this area. That’s staggering.

Has anyone else noticed it’s much quieter out? I did this morning when I went for my daily walk. Not sure if that was partly due to the weather though. Let’s hope the numbers start going down as soon as possible. It’s 2 weeks since Christmas ..

Has anyone else noticed it’s much quieter out? I did this morning when I went for my daily walk. Not sure if that was partly due to the weather though. Let’s hope the numbers start going down as soon as possible. It’s 2 weeks since Christmas ..
I think that's a big reason why the deaths are so high today.

The problem is even if we have the strictest lockdown possible with immediate effect it will only help in the medium to long term, not the short term (next two weeks). Just seems like we're inevitably walking into disaster in the next 2 weeks and there's almost nothing we can do about. So terrible.

It's not great is it.

a package to pay everyone.? There are millions of people still working keeping the country going , not much whining froom them.. how do you propose we pay everyone else to stay indoors? We have already spent a conservative half a trill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back