• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It becoming clear that the health of our nation is playing a big part in this. Even boris admitted that his weight played a major factor in him getting so ill. I would imagine he is type 2 diabetic, with an ever growing part of our population. I hope in the future that this is something the country can address

Very true. When you see the images of the people who are dying or in hospital, it is striking how many of them are overweight.

People like to blame the government for everything and yes there are clearly things they could've done better - closing the borders early on, mixed messages - but there are underlying factors why we have the highest death rate in Europe. We have one of the highest levels of obesity in the western world, we have an ageing, unhealthy population, and we have densely populated towns and cities.

And lockdown is only making it worse with people stuck at home, drinking more, not able to play sport etc.

Rumours of the roadmap out of this are schools open in March, non-essential retail in April and pubs/restaurants in May.

If we've vaccinated the most vulnerable by mid-February, why do we need to wait until May to open pubs? Just want a pint : (

I could have saved a few quid on winter coats if I had known.

I did feel a bit guilty telling them that due to Covid Santa won't be coming this Christmas. Shame Easter has been cancelled as well.

Mrs RHB had her mammogram this morning at the Nightingale Centre at Southend Hospital. She reckoned that the scheduling of patients, the speed of the examination and professional but caring attitude of the centre's staff was great. Well done Southend Hospital, not only for her view of the hospital, but also for still continuing to offer this important service in spite of all the chaos going on around us.:Clap:

If we never had an NHS there would have been more deaths over the years!

You have to remember we are not talking about the doctors and nurses within the NHS, they are fantastic and singlehandedly saved my Dads life.

It's the structure and running of the organisation that needs complete overhaul. But this is probably a discussion for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back