• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need the average to be lower as there are still regions and towns with stubbornly higher rates which aren't dropping as quickly. Hopefully a few more weeks and they'll continue to fall even as schools reopen and restrictions lift. Regional lockdowns didn't work last year, so it's right that this is being done at a slower national level.

We need to find those asymptomatic cases and break chains of transmission, so it's definitely good that we have wide-spread testing now. It's through testing that we can avoid significant lockdowns ever being needed again.

****ing hell I'm really starting to sound like a govt spokesman on here and that's just not good. I'm taking a bit of a break.

Next slide please

Funny .It works for me clicking here:-

Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus | Free to read ...
www.ft.com › 19d90308-6858-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

sb_safeAnnotation.svg

Mar 19, 2020 — Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Reuse this content...
You've visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 3/4/21

New analysis from the Israeli health Ministry concluded that the Pfizer vaccine killed about 40 more times elderly people than the disease itself would have killed during a recent 5 week vaccination period.

There was of course cases very locally where this happened and we had the story from Ricky Otto (the zone poster) about his aunt.

New analysis from the Israeli health Ministry concluded that the Pfizer vaccine killed about 40 more times elderly people than the disease itself would have killed during a recent 5 week vaccination period.
I won't hold my breath, but please send a link to this. Just a reminder that correlation doesn't equal causation, so it's really dangerous to say things like 'the Pfizer vaccine killed'

I won't hold my breath, but please send a link to this. Just a reminder that correlation doesn't equal causation, so it's really dangerous to say things like 'the Pfizer vaccine killed'
I can't link you to the claims but I can
give you a source from someone that's researched the claims and unsurprisingly has found it to be absolute nonsense being peddled by the usual suspects like David Icke by manipulating the findings of a Israeli study.

The study actually shows that the vaccine has been extremely successful but the conspiracy has manipulated the findings by taking the number of deaths near the very start of the study (when most people hadn't had time for the vaccine they'd taken to kick in) during the height of a second wave and pointed out the death rate was a lot higher than is usual for Israel (i.e. in non-Covid times).

Whilst deaths were higher than usual at the start of the study deaths were high altogether in that period, there is no evidence that the vaccine was killing people rather than it just being people catching Covid before the vaccine could kick in. The conspiracy neglects to mention that deaths have since plummeted despite vaccine uptake now being even even higher than the period the conspiracy focused on.

Last edited:
I can't link you to the claims but I can
give you a source from someone that's researched the claims and unsurprisingly has found it to be absolute nonsense being peddled by the usual suspects like David Icke by manipulating the findings of a Israeli study.

The study actually shows that the vaccine has been extremely successful but the conspiracy has manipulated the findings by taking the number of deaths near the very start of the study (when most people hadn't had time for the vaccine they'd taken to kick in) during the height of a second wave and pointed out the death rate was a lot higher than is usual for Israel (i.e. in non-Covid times).

Whilst deaths were higher than usual at the start of the study deaths were high altogether in that period, there is no evidence that the vaccine was killing people rather than it just being people catching Covid before the vaccine could kick in. The conspiracy neglects to mention that deaths have since plummeted despite vaccine uptake now being even even higher than the period the conspiracy focused on.

Why am a not surprised. I guess rigsby will ignore all this and then post yet another crazy conspiracy theory and more misinformation.

Dr Herve Seligmann is the man who has done the report.
No he isn't, the report comes from someone called Haim Yativ who posted it in a Israeli conspiracy forum called Nakim, the report has essentially come from some random bloke on the internet with no credentials to suggest he has a clue what he's talking about and then conspiracy websites have picked up on it and played down the origin of the report. Yativ claims that Herve Seligmann helped him with analysis but unless Seligmann comes out and confirms this I'm going to assume Haim just used Google to find the name of a professor that's worked on Covid research and stuck it on the end of his forum post without permission to make it sound more authentic.

[QUOTE="jackj13, post: 2340681, member: 11689"]
Outside only so weather dependant and also dependant on if the pub chooses to or not
as I know may are not bothering as they won't be able to or won't come close to breaking even.
[/QUOTE]

This is a matter of public record.I certainly knew about it as I imagine many other zoners did.So what is your point?

[QUOTE="jackj13, post: 2340681, member: 11689"]
Outside only so weather dependant and also dependant on if the pub chooses to or not
as I know may are not bothering as they won't be able to or won't come close to breaking even.

This is a matter of public record.I certainly knew about it as I imagine many other zoners did.So what is your point?
[/QUOTE]

I am not classing that as pubs being open. It's not the same and as I stated it means many of them still won't open anyway so it makes no difference and they'll still be making a massive loss.

I am not classing that as pubs being open. It's not the same and as I stated it means many of them still won't open anyway so it makes no difference and they'll still be making a massive loss.
[/QUOTE]

You're clearly following your own rules whereas HMG is listening to expert advice.All bars and restaurants are currently closed in France 24/7 and are likely to be so for some time yet.They won't be re-opening at Easter for example.While bars and restaurants here in Spain are open for parts of the day (the exact time depends on the region).There may well be a price to pay for this in the future, in terms of a 4th lockdown after Easter.Be careful what you wish for.

You're clearly following your own rules whereas HMG is listening to expert advice.All bars and restaurants are currently closed in France 24/7 and are likely to be so for some time yet.They won't be re-opening at Easter for example.While bars and restaurants here in Spain are open for parts of the day (the exact time depends on the region).There may well be a price to pay for this in the future, in terms of a 4th lockdown after Easter.Be careful what you wish for.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that but we will have to agree to disagree. People's mental healths on the brink, businesses are on the brink and our data rapidly improving and many millions now vaccinated. This can't go on for too much longer.

They won't say anything yet, but I personally think if the data keeps going the way it is hospitality will be reopened indoors (with some restrictions) in April along with non-essential shops. It's being legally challenged in the courts which is also the reason the curfew and substantial meal have been scrapped. There was insufficient evidence and successfully challenged in court.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that but we will have to agree to disagree. People's mental healths on the brink, businesses are on the brink and our data rapidly improving and many millions now vaccinated. This can't go on for too much longer.

They won't say anything yet, but I personally think if the data keeps going the way it is hospitality will be reopened indoors (with some restrictions) in April along with non-essential shops. It's being legally challenged in the courts which is also the reason the curfew and substantial meal have been scrapped. There was insufficient evidence and successfully challenged in court.

It won't .There's a plan to unlock the UK economy starting from Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back