• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live on a particularly steep hill, which is always the uphill finish to my 10k run. It's a killer, but it would be really good for hill sprints. What kind of length run and rest should I be looking at?

If you just plan a session on that hill, i'd suggest a 10 min jog/run to loosen up beforehand. Then assuming it's 1/4 mile from bottom to top, to start with 6 sprints up with easy jog back to bottom & repeat etc.
You'll soon know if that's enough or you've got more stamina to do some more.

How does that work. Do you still get paid?
Yes the Govt pay 80% of your salary and it’s up to the company whether they make up the 20%. I can seek alternative work but I’m on 24hr notice to return at any point. Whether I return on full pay when it’s all over is unknown.

More concerned about how I am going to survive if it remains closed.
Yes the aftermath and effects of this the longer it goes on doesn't bare thinking about until some sort of normality returns.Sure aviation will recover quicker than some industries.
Bottom line is always you and your families health and wellbeing ,
although financial and emotional stress caused can affect that as well

Yes the Govt pay 80% of your salary and it’s up to the company whether they make up the 20%. I can seek alternative work but I’m on 24hr notice to return at any point. Whether I return on full pay when it’s all over is unknown.

Good luck.

As a contractor I get furloughed on zero pay so it is potentially a big problem.

Rule #1 of contracting is keep 6 months living expenses available because as we see the unexpected can and does happen.

Last edited:
If you just plan a session on that hill, i'd suggest a 10 min jog/run to loosen up beforehand. Then assuming it's 1/4 mile from bottom to top, to start with 6 sprints up with easy jog back to bottom & repeat etc.
Having a heart rate monitor helps, you need to be trying to hit a near high at the top, and be able to keep getting same HR, also the jog back down is the recovery, however check your hr before next rep as it needs to have got back to an easy jog beat. Try and note you times for the ups so you can know if you are slowing and also it gives you a target for last few reps.

The government was hoping for 250,000 people to volunteer by the end of the week.

405,000 kind souls have signed up in just 24 hours!!

I don't know about you, but it makes me proud to be British!!

Thanks for that.

I think its shorter than 1/4 mile, but I'll give it a test run so to speak. I'll just make sure the easy jog back down is exactly that!

The government was hoping for 250,000 people to volunteer by the end of the week.

405,000 kind souls have signed up in just 24 hours!!

I don't know about you, but it makes me proud to be British!!

This is going to heal a lot of wounds opened up over the last few years.

Just heard from a relative in Cornwall that police have started to operate road blocks to make sure people are only on essential travel. Sounds like it's to stop people going to the coast. Probably a sign of where we're heading in the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back