• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that cat had the right hump.
Not only have you lot been under my feet since March now you"ve given me a virus only you lot get!

I must agree on who would get their cat tested ?
Mind you if humans ?Caught it from bats then I can see how it may transfer to their pets.
My only concern would be dogs and cats and getting them to wear masks when out and about

A woman interviewed on the news is not happy with the 14 day quarantine as this means she has to shut her business again, having already been shut during lockdown - begs the question why didn't she stay here and run her newly re-opened business rather than go to Spain on holiday.

A woman interviewed on the news is not happy with the 14 day quarantine as this means she has to shut her business again, having already been shut during lockdown - begs the question why didn't she stay here and run her newly re-opened business rather than go to Spain on holiday.

There really are some special ****s out there.

Guys/Gals - please if you are offered your flu vaccine this year please take your GP up on the offer or if offered through work accept it.
We are already preparing for this years vaccinations and the news flying around is that there is the possibility of the age limit being reduced to 50 due to COVID

My wife and I were told by our nurse in SC to apply early for a flu jab (ie on 1st September) as by October they were expecting to be busy with other things, ?

I happen to know of two young coppers (based in Essex) who flew out to Mallorca with their young baby last Thursday before the UK Government's announcement on Saturday.If they aren't essential key workers -who are? Madness.:Angry:

My wife and I were told by our nurse in SC to apply early for a flu jab (ie on 1st September) as by October they were expecting to be busy with other things, ?

We tend to get the flu vacs in September time and most surgeries are only able to obtain so many at a time.
There will be a big programme this year as the age limit has been expanded to included 50+ where normally it is for 65+ and those with underlying health conditions.
Keep am eye on your surgery and resister for it As soon as you can then hopefully you you will be in the first batch

I think they’re worried about implementing another ‘lockdown’ because I don’t think people will follow it. Not that many really did in the first place but I honestly think it’ll be far worse.

They're worried about another lockdown as the Government cannot afford it! I'm not sure we'll see another national lockdown - think they'll try and manage it locally

Sadly if a lockdown and it will hit the economy we need to be tough only open essential food and pharmacy shops
Those shops like Range who sell food and get around the ban by selling deckchairs/ paint to morons as a sideline need to be closed
Also be prepared for panic buying over next few weeks on toilet rolls, bleach

Doesn’t matter who stats you believe the death rate is appalling and once again the key workers will be over stretched
The morons on the beach are the same people who clapped for two minutes then forgot why they were doing it

No one wants a second wave, but I was in Chelmsford last night and the social distancing went out the window and very few masks

It's not human nuature to continue to live without social contact, especially in the younger generation where they are less prone to serious consequences.

I'd be amazed if we end up back in a national lockdown, the country simply cannot afford it. Regardless of what you think about putting money over lives, if we go back to what happened before there will be no country left when we come out the other side and that will be far far more dangerous than this virus as it will affect absolutely everyone.

I beleive local measures wll be taken if required to limit indoor contact, with outdoor activities being allowed to continue, we cannot go on limiting everything until the 'promised land' of a vaccine arrives, we'll ll be bankrupt and destitute before that happens.

It's not human nuature to continue to live without social contact, especially in the younger generation where they are less prone to serious consequences.

I'd be amazed if we end up back in a national lockdown, the country simply cannot afford it. Regardless of what you think about putting money over lives, if we go back to what happened before there will be no country left when we come out the other side and that will be far far more dangerous than this virus as it will affect absolutely everyone.

I beleive local measures wll be taken if required to limit indoor contact, with outdoor activities being allowed to continue, we cannot go on limiting everything until the 'promised land' of a vaccine arrives, we'll ll be bankrupt and destitute before that happens.
Yup and there has to come a time where we manage the risks ourselves rather than rely on the Govt to keep telling us what to do. Good hygiene, keep your distance, wear a mask in crowded indoor environments, if you’re “high risk” then shield yourself. We have to learn to live with the virus. My industry is being torn apart by all the job losses and goodness only knows the toll on mental health and other illnesses. As for football, would I feel safe going? Personally yes .. I don’t see how pubs are ok and restaurants are ok (old Leigh was rammed today), but football games aren’t. Restrict the attendance sure, but we can’t keep lockdown going indefinitely it’ll have severe long term consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back