• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Despite being a massive Freddy fan, Big Bad Barry just edges it for me - it was a pure fairy tale moment, comes on after 17 months out through injury, against his old club and scores a trademark Barry goal, sheer magic!

If we can keep them fit, we have probably the most potent strike force in the division! Quite happy with Assombalonga, Tomlin and even Harris sharing the starts, we have two bloody marvellous super subs to come on and cause havoc in opposition defences!

I think they are both potentially excellent players for us this season , but just hope people don't expect too much too soon.
Barry Corr will I hope continue to get cameo performances rather than start games , and that is the way it has to be for someone who has been out for so long.
I just hope the crowd don't get frustrated with that , especially if we go through a lean spell.
Whatever we do or don't do should not affect how his rehabilitation is handled - we should look at the longer term here.

As for Freddy yesterday , well that was an odd one.
His initial touch looked poor and then suddenly he dropped into space and looked like the player we all know he can be.
I can't say he looks super fit , but think with time that will come and he has the class to do really well this season.

To sum up , excited about both , but just noticed that I've written the word 'hope' quite a lot too.................

Freddy brings more to the game, he scored and almost created another. He did take a while to get into the game, his first few touches were poor (well after his first pass which sent Assomablonga through). Then coming into a game late isnt easy, especially when youve been out.

Not really fair to choose between the two though, great to have both back.

if britt plays like that many more times we will be seeing freddy and bazza pairing up......moistgasm

I didn't think Britt done too well yesterday, but to me this just shows what Tomlin brings to the side, I think him and Britt started to get an understanding and they create space for each other, however Benyon doesn't have that.

Bazza won't start for a while yet anyway, nowhere near ready for that and even he has admitted that

I think with both Freddy and Barry, it's going to take a while to get them fit. Barry especially, as he even tweaked his back during the warm up, and admitted that he was absolutely shattered after 20 minutes. So don't expect him to start a game for a while. Freddy will be ready first, but he is a long way off his best.

The good news is that when Assombalonga's lone runs out in January, barring injury, they should be ready to make a mouth watering partnership up front, with Tomlin moved out wide.

Britt was our only threat in the first half, harsh to criticise him on that. In the 2nd half with Eastwood and Corr he was doing all the running and chasing so they didnt have to.

I dont see Eastwood threading a lot of balls for Corr to chase either.

Think theres a place for all three and looks like the most exciting squad we have had in a long time.

We need one more horrible hard tackling midfielder on loan, then we will be up and away .... it's up to you Mr Martin to get the transfer embryo sorted!

Great to see both Barry and Freddy back yesterday and the script could have been predicted. However, to compare the 2 players, they are so different comparison is impossible. Freddy is in a different class. We are very fortunate to have Brit here at the moment, he is going to be some player. Yes he will have the odd blip or two, but whenever he made a mistake yesterday he worked his socks off to put it right. Assombolonga and Freddy with Tomlin and Hurst either side of the midfield, or Freddy playing just behind a front two of Tomlin and Brit are by far the best options.Barry when properly fit provides something different. Remember most of his goals were either penalties or headers in around the 6 yard box, one on one's with the goalkeeper, I was usually backing the keeper. Don't get me wrong I admire the way he has fought to get back into the game but with everyone fit he wouldn't make my starting line up.

Barry could become the new super sub coming off the bench when our backs are against the wall instead of relying on creswell for late goals .

Not really fair to choose between the two though, great to have both back.

Then. Quite agree - rather like asking whether I prefer black pudding or apple and pork sausages - I'll have both please! :smile:

The way things are, any team has to play right up to the final whistle (which is why I hate time wasting tactics) ...... so having such a range of diverse striking options bodes well.

Back