• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cort Set To Quit

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
On the official site... from the horse's mouth (so to speak).

Ho-hum... the enforced Tilly revolution has to kick in me thinks.

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page....00.html

sad.gif

Woops... just noticed the spelling mistake on my topic title in the rush to 'get it up fast'. How does one edit topic titles?

I blush!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ May 26 2004,12:11)]Hey ho.

As supected really... Maher to be next methinks.
The pair of players only see pound signs in front of them and have ignored the "Big Picture"

Hull have a large squad and they will flit in and out of the team all season!

Come on boys, money is not always everything!
rock.gif

I think that's a little harsh on Cort... and would be very harsh on Maher.

I'd love them to stay, but they've got the chance to test themselves with a bigger club... a higher division and with more money to boot.

If they're at the top of their game, I don't see why Cort or Maher can't hold a regular place for themselves at the likes of Hull or Sheff W.

Maher, especially, has been a great servant to our club and I can reluctantly understand why he wants to face a new challenge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 26 2004,12:20)]Maher, especially, has been a great servant to our club and I can reluctantly understand why he wants to face a new challenge.
Agreed, albeit with a heavy heart. Surely, the prospect of (a) being a big fish in a small pond; and (b) having a testimonial can be the only reasons he'd stay...

rock.gif
sad.gif

Matt

well regardless whether he gets regular play or not he is still going to get that fat cheque at the end of the month

Back