• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cost of living increases

My sim only contract deal with o2 expired 18 months ago. They are quite happily still providing me with a mobile service with all the stuff the contract specified but without the contract! I'm paying £10.09p a month for 1GB of data, 1000 minutes of any time, any network calls, and unlimited texts. The best new o2 sim only deal now available to me is £12 per month. Think I'll stay as I am.
Same as me and think I have a great deal at £10 per month

£6 per month* 4GB sim only, unlimited txts, calls, 5G, EU roaming included with Smarty (uses 3 network) - let me know if you'd like a referral code - think we both get a month free or a tenner credit or something!

*Can get a 10% discount if have more than one person on it with a family plan
EE can be very good if you are a family.
I have five sims with them, two have 2gig, one 4 gig, one 6 gig and one 160 gig ( no typo). Costs me £45 a month and I can move the allowance across all the phones.
Deal is for 2 years BUT if I do nothing it stays forever, so this is the most I will pay when it renewal’s 😀

All estimates in the industry are expecting a 0.5% rise on Thursday and ending at around 3.5% by the end of he year. It's currently 1.25%

My current fixed deal runs out in Novemeber (w/ Virgin); sounds like i best get something in place pronto then to secure the best price.

So for the last year or more I have been buying a box of Diet Coke, 30 cans for £8.50 at Asda. The best deal by far. Next best is normally £8 for 24 cans elsewhere. I went to get some at Asda a few days ago, and it's took a big jump to £11.

So for the last year or more I have been buying a box of Diet Coke, 30 cans for £8.50 at Asda. The best deal by far. Next best is normally £8 for 24 cans elsewhere. I went to get some at Asda a few days ago, and it's took a big jump to £11.
Not today mate, just been to mine, all knocked down again in price ,annoys keep them high and bring fruit down for kids to enjoy much healthy for them and not as addictive

No Im not a health freak

My current fixed deal runs out in Novemeber (w/ Virgin); sounds like i best get something in place pronto then to secure the best price.
Start looking now. I'm pretty sure you can get a re-mortgage for 3 to 6 months before your current deal ends. It will then just start when your old fixed deal ends. Check for any penalties on your old deal as well, but re-mortgaging at a lower rate may well beat those penalties.

EE can be very good if you are a family.
I have five sims with them, two have 2gig, one 4 gig, one 6 gig and one 160 gig ( no typo). Costs me £45 a month and I can move the allowance across all the phones.
Deal is for 2 years BUT if I do nothing it stays forever, so this is the most I will pay when it renewal’s 😀
I've got 4 sim cards, 2x8Gb and 2x4Gb all with unlimited txts/calls, 5G and European roaming for £23.40 per month.

Not quite a flexible as yours, I can't shift the data around - but they're all more than enough for us. No contract, can leave with 1 month notice.

I suppose the other thing to check is your usage - don't pay for what you don't need! I know my data usage has slumped since I now mostly WFH. I've adjusted my plan to suit my new usage.

Start looking now. I'm pretty sure you can get a re-mortgage for 3 to 6 months before your current deal ends. It will then just start when your old fixed deal ends. Check for any penalties on your old deal as well, but re-mortgaging at a lower rate may well beat those penalties.

I shall do. Will do it next week when back from holiday. Will have to give Virgin a call and see what the score is.

I've got 4 sim cards, 2x8Gb and 2x4Gb all with unlimited txts/calls, 5G and European roaming for £23.40 per month.

Not quite a flexible as yours, I can't shift the data around - but they're all more than enough for us. No contract, can leave with 1 month notice.

I suppose the other thing to check is your usage - don't pay for what you don't need! I know my data usage has slumped since I now mostly WFH. I've adjusted my plan to suit my new usage.
Yeah, it was a 80gig deal with 80 gig ‘free’.
I’m not stupid, it’s marketing bollox, we will never use that, but we do use 50gig a month

Bank Of England base rate has increased by 0.50% currently at 1.75% the highest increase for something like 27 years. Rate is still well below where it was pre-financial crash of 08 and miles below where it has been in the past.

BBC News - UK interest rates see biggest rise in 27 years

Recession incoming.
Bank of England forecasts a recession beginning q4 this year and ending mid 2024.

Having said that their forecasting ability appears to be pretty crap - every meeting they're revising inflation forecasts up

Back