• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seems like the only long term deals we hand out these days are to players over 30.

I'm guessing paying a member of the coaching staff/assistant manager circa £50-75k per year who is also a registered player is quite a good thing compared to paying a FT coach a similar amount who can do naff all except coach. Not a bad signing if you ask me. Frugal.

Pleased with the news, Mr Coughlan has proved to still be a great defender and while he and Mr Sturrock admit he had to play too much last season his experience and knowledge will be valueable to Bilel Prosser etc

If he's as popular and well-respected as I think he is, this is a great move. Can still do a job at the back and I shaping up to be a good coach. Could well have a future here after he retires from playing.

As others have indicated, stability and experiance with this signing. Adding people like Harris and keeping people like Coughlin I feel can only help young players such as Hall, Moshni, Sawyer and Ferdinand etc. It is about getting the right balance and mixture isnt it and I feel that this is being achieved. Again, compare our "signed on" squad at this moment in time to 12 months ago and it does bode well for pre season. Again, I am not running away with myself nor my expectations, but you cant really argue with difference of 12 months ago !!

This is good news, Coughlan will be vital again if no new CB's come in, as Phillips is likely to be injured and Mohsni will spend alot of time suspended/injured. Important in his coaching role too.

This is good news, Coughlan will be vital again if no new CB's come in, as Phillips is likely to be injured and Mohsni will spend alot of time suspended/injured. Important in his coaching role too.

Don't want to appear rude, but we have 5 CBs under contract already now? How many more do we need?

Back