• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Could Bristol Rovers poach Kev?

Its about time there poxi chairman named his target .He keeps harping on he has got his man that come o and get the name out in the open .Stop playing around just as Ron has done .in the past .

Not like we had it confirmed that Barry Fry won't be heading to Birmingham? Later that night, he was on the M1!
We never had it confirmed he won't be going to Birmingham, in fact the opposite. Vic Jobson was saying he will do everything to keep Barry, but Barry was saying he wanted to talk to Birmingham as it was an opportunity he didn't want to slip by. Then going on about how big a club Birmingham was, and their potential. Then he spoke to them and that was that. So we had a very good idea he would jump ship, and take his backroom staff with him.

We never had it confirmed he won't be going to Birmingham, in fact the opposite. Vic Jobson was saying he will do everything to keep Barry, but Barry was saying he wanted to talk to Birmingham as it was an opportunity he didn't want to slip by. Then going on about how big a club Birmingham was, and their potential. Then he spoke to them and that was that. So we had a very good idea he would jump ship, and take his backroom staff with him.
Yes, didn't Barry say most of that in his post match interview on TV after the Leicester home game? Not great timing Baz, and made a lot of people a touch annoyed!!

Read this, wish I hadn't! Given the criteria does it remind you of someone?
I do not think we should overlook this comment in the article "
It’s been a process led by director of football Kenny Jackett.

Galinson said: “Kenny runs football. The first team, B team, academy, recruiting, he is in charge, he runs the whole department and this is a very important appointment, the person who is going to manage the first team.

“This person will report directly to Kenny, this is Kenny’s man, just like the B Team coach Keith (Millen), who has done a great job for us in the interim and our whole academy staff, this is one third of the football department, one fourth if you include recruiting, one of the most important direct reports that Kenny is appointing.

“The thing that has been the most positive for me is being able to directly work with Kenny. Kenny is leading this process." Do we think KM would work under this stucture?

surely we must have a new contract in the pipeline let’s get the deal done first be patient kev 3 more weeks. If it gets delayed again however diff story

I said it before Kev and co will not leave,in 3 weeks time ( god willing ) SUFC will have new owners and a bright future, after all the Amigos have been through these past few years ,they would need a brain transplant should they leave . Im also sure that JS and Co have some very decent young lads lined up ready to sign for SUFC . Doubt very much they have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs .

This may of been said but wasn't Paul Scully at roots hall a couple of weeks back?? Probably when the bid to talk to Kev was rejected, I don't think it's a massive jump really for him, so believe he will stay, although we are just over the stress of the sale, don't need anymore ,😂

Thanks Ron for even putting us in this position. Gillingham for gawds sake, this is what we've become, looking over our shoulder at sub-species clubs who are eyeing our prizes.
I remember a quote i read about Kev in his last days of playing career at Gills. All Kev spoke about while he was there was Southend Utd. Says it all lol.

Hurry up and get off the turf Martin, we got to rebuild the empire...

Hope Currie & Bentley are also not “isn’t leaving”.

I feel each one of them are integral to the relative success we are currently enjoying.
I’d be gutted if either one went ☹️

Only input I have and it is by no means a fact of what their thoughts are at this moment in time.

However, I can only repeat what both of them said after the JE3 charity evening when we had one on one informal chat time, that both of them want to be part of the team that takes us back into the football league.

I genuinely believe they meant that statement and although promotion cannot be guaranteed, just ask Chesterfield fans, if we don't make the play offs this year, then all three of the amigos will be here to make a bona fide attempt at promotion next season, with a professionally structured ownership team, allowing an unhindered football management team to push on with the ambitions to get back in the league.

Just how I feel and I would be gutted if this proves not to be the case.

Back