• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Court Winding Up Petition 28th October 2020

**** me. This comment aged well.

If that debt don’t get paid then we’re done for and the whole situation will become well and truly toxic.

What I do not understand is why the whole Board is apparently not stepping up to make sure this tax debt is cleared on 28 October. Surely, as Directors of the club, there is a collective responsibility that goes beyond the Chairman's finances. I appreciate they may have had to do this in the past, but I thought such responsibilities went with the position of being a Director?

If ever there was a time to protest this would be it.

Surely even the biggest of Ron's fans apart from maybe Rigsby (who might actually be Ron) can see that this man will kill our beloved football club.

We don't have to like the fact that we are stuck with him but we can make his life uncomfortable and bring some media coverage to the club.

It may be that the Chairman is simply doing his bit as part of a wider football initiative to increase the pressure on the Johnson government to defer the payment of taxes during the time of Covid-19:

An admission it won’t be paid? After telling us numerous times and through other people it’s paid? Draw your own conclusions, but I don’t think the club can or will survive. As for Ron, a great time to leave and let someone else pick up the ruins

It may be that the Chairman is simply doing his bit as part of a wider football initiative to increase the pressure on the Johnson government to defer the payment of taxes during the time of Covid-19:

But this tax bill was pre covid!

Well at least we won't have to suffer the rest of the season. We won't be the only club to go under this season but at least we will be first for somethinh

What I do not understand is why the whole Board is apparently not stepping up to make sure this tax debt is cleared on 28 October. Surely, as Directors of the club, there is a collective responsibility that goes beyond the Chairman's finances. I appreciate they may have had to do this in the past, but I thought such responsibilities went with the position of being a Director?

Would you bail out a arrogant, ignorant, delusional moron who has ignored and gone against collective recommended advice as 'it's his club' not anyone else's?

There will be no revenue between now and December unless the premiership makes payments to EFL teams.

We have had money from season ticket sales, Humphrys, Hutch and Kelman. What happened to that?

I'm guessing that is what is currently paying the players wages, hopefully it'll be enough to get through to the end of the season but I have my doubts on that.

Even if this gets adjourned to a later date it is simply delaying the inevitable. The odd thing Is I just don't feel upset or angry about it, I've fallen out of love with football and rarely watch a game unless it's Southend even that is more out of habit now, I guess I'll have to find something else to do on a saturday, hopefully something a little less depressing

“I do not think any chairman should be criticised for being ambitious for a football club and no doubt there would be moans if I was not wanting Southend United to succeed and of course I do.”

4F12FE9A-4C0C-4BD6-9001-9197BC3A52AE.jpeg
That’s all on you Ron!

I'm sure we won't be the only club in trouble. How can any club in the lower league survive without match revenues.

Just had my breakfast and thought I would take a look at Shrimperzone. What a depressing start to the day to read this. A major battle ahead now to stay in the EFL and to even stay afloat. Really sad times for us all.

Saturday 26th September:
“RM confirmed that the HMRC debt will be paid by the 28th October, from monies to be released next week by Lloyds and money from his own pocket, rather than the club. The transfer embargo will also soon be lifted.”

23rd October 2020:
Q, Do you have funds in an account right now and therefore guarantee that the HMRC will be repaid and the case dismissed?
A, if the club had the funds it would discharge the debt to HMRC.The club doesn’t have an overdraft.

Who knows what he will do..Covid is his friend if he closes us down, or will he pull the rabbit from the hat and claim himself to be the hero once more. Whatever happens he wins as he gets his developments.

That is not the article I wanted to read this morning if I’m being completely honest. How ****ing depressing can this all get. First time I’ve genuinely felt like there could be no Southend Utd.... heartbreaking.

My understanding was that one of the conditions relating to our last stay of execution was that the reports should be brought up to date before the next hearing. Does anyone connected with the club know if this has happened, or will happen before Tuesday?

Saturday 26th September:
“RM confirmed that the HMRC debt will be paid by the 28th October, from monies to be released next week by Lloyds and money from his own pocket, rather than the club. The transfer embargo will also soon be lifted.”

23rd October 2020:
Q, Do you have funds in an account right now and therefore guarantee that the HMRC will be repaid and the case dismissed?
A, if the club had the funds it would discharge the debt to HMRC.The club doesn’t have an overdraft.

Who knows what he will do..Covid is his friend if he closes us down, or will he pull the rabbit from the hat and claim himself to be the hero once more. Whatever happens he wins as he gets his developments.

Actually that does make a bit more sense, the club won't settle the debt but Ron or one of his companies will if they can scrape the cash together, this can't go on forever though and I fear we won't be the only ones struggling to make it to the end of this month

What needs to be absolutely clear is even if the debt gets paid off on this occurrence the club is in dire hands under Ron Martin and everything possible should be done to encourage his exit from the club.

But this tax bill was pre covid!

True, but the Chairman could argue after slashing the wage bill by 1.7 million since January the club's attempt to get things back on a sustainable basis such as paying its taxes on time has been derailed by the intervention of Covid.

Back