• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cr*ppiest film in recent years......

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
What has been the worst film you have paid good money to see?

Mine has to be 21 Grams that i saw y'day and probably Series 7: The Contenders (dont ask why i saw that one, i dunno either)

Saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (albeit on a plane) and thought it was the biggest load of toss I'd seen in years. The acting was hammier than a butcher's deli counter. Absolutely dire.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Mar. 10 2004,11:36)]Bend it like Beckham, a shocking excuse for a film......
yep women who can't play football to save there life's

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 10 2004,11:33)]Saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (albeit on a plane) and thought it was the biggest load of toss I'd seen in years.  The acting was hammier than a butcher's deli counter.  Absolutely dire.

Matt
don't start that again Matt
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Mar. 10 2004,11:36)]Bend it like Beckham, a shocking excuse for a film......
totally agree

and Men In Black 2 was absolutely shocking, saw that on the plane coming home from Tenerife.Glad I didn't pay, I would've asked for a refund................

oh, and My Big Fat Greek Arse was cr*p.............actually, any "Chick Flick Rom Com" is pretty dire........Love Actually? Bollox Actually................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Mar. 10 2004,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 10 2004,11:33)]Saw The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (albeit on a plane) and thought it was the biggest load of toss I'd seen in years.  The acting was hammier than a butcher's deli counter.  Absolutely dire.

Matt
don't start that again Matt  
wink.gif
tounge.gif

You know I'm right...

laugh.gif

Matt

Lord Of The Rings films. Not one boxer, wrestler or jeweller in them. What a rip-off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Mar. 10 2004,10:42)]What has been the worst film you have paid good money to see?

Mine has to be 21 Grams that i saw y'day and probably Series 7: The Contenders (dont ask why i saw that one, i dunno either)
Why 21 Grammes? I had high hopes for that... doubt I bother downloading now *huff*

Also, Series 7 was OK!! I got it for £2 on VHS from Blockbusters ex-rental and it was worth every penny... A pregnant foul mouthed psycotic mutha-f**ka on a rampage to pay for her unborn babies future... quality...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Mar. 10 2004,12:11)]Also, Series 7 was OK!! ... A pregnant foul mouthed psycotic mutha-f**ka on a rampage to pay for her unborn babies future... quality...
I believe you're mistaking Series 7 for today's edition of Trisha.  In fact any edition of Trisha.

Murials f**king Wedding is not just the worst film or recent times but of all time. Biggest load of dog sh*t ever.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 10 2004,12:45)]Any film that Tom Hanks has ever "starred" in, with the possibile exception of the Green Mile.

Tom Hanks, over-rated, over-paid and thankfully over there.
I dunno, I quite liked Cast Away and Forrest Gump. And Saving Provate Ryan wasn't too bad....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Mar. 10 2004,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 10 2004,12:45)]Any film that Tom Hanks has ever "starred" in, with the possibile exception of the Green Mile.

Tom Hanks, over-rated, over-paid and thankfully over there.
I dunno, I quite liked Cast Away and Forrest Gump. And Saving Provate Ryan wasn't too bad....
Exactly, Tom Hanks has never been in a bad film IMO - you cannot argue with that!

Forrest Gump
Big!
Money Pit
Burbs
Saving Private Ryan
Castaway
Philadelphia
Apollo 13
Toy Story
Green Mile
Road to Perdition

The list goes on.

Complete twaddle *ORM*
tounge.gif

I think the worst film I ever paid money to watch at the cinema was 'Who's That Girl?'. My girlfriend at the time was a big Madonna fan. I tried my best to stay but lasted about 45 minutes before retreating to the Painted Wagon / Oasis / whatever it was then and left her to it. I thought she'd be fuming. Less than 10 minutes later, though, she followed, saying "Can't blame you. Total c.rap."

"Peter's Friends" with Emma Thompson, Steven Fry, Hugh Laurie, et al, ran it a close second. But that was one of those films you either loved or hated, rather than everyone thinking was just bloody awful. Half the cinema was laughing, half sat in stony silence, suppressing the urge to tear the screen down.

Back