• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lombard

Youth Team
It was mentioned to me at cricket today,that Craig Easton has not yet signed a new contract,because he has been offered less money than last seasons contract.

I've heard this too, I really hope he does commit even if on a temporarily lesser contract/

good if the budget has been cut we need to use it on better players

So you want to get better players AND pay less ?

If we have less money it stands to reason that unfortunately we will attract lesser players does it not ?

Ihave read that easton and blaire have only just returned from trips abroad and will be going in to see the gaffer asap to talk about there new contacts .So it seemes nothing has been set in stone either way .

Ihave read that easton and blaire have only just returned from trips abroad and will be going in to see the gaffer asap to talk about there new contacts .So it seemes nothing has been set in stone either way .
Yes, that was in the Echo I think, but I'd heard those rumours (well, about Craig anyway) some time back.

Perhaps the powers that be are trying to run the club more like a business than it has been run for a long time and are cutting wages back, especially as it has been said by PS that we had to pay over the odds to get players in at short notice. ( I don't understand that one as we signed players who were not with other clubs, albeit a couple were wanted by rivals, and may not have had a club to go to if we hadn't signed them )

Perhaps the powers that be are trying to run the club more like a business than it has been run for a long time and are cutting wages back, especially as it has been said by PS that we had to pay over the odds to get players in at short notice. ( I don't understand that one as we signed players who were not with other clubs, albeit a couple were wanted by rivals, and may not have had a club to go to if we hadn't signed them )

I suspect some of the players/agents were aware how desperately we needed to get bodies on board and were able to negotiate some slightly better deals than might otherwise have been the case and now with a bit more time, we are redressing that with the benefit of a season's performance to base our valuation on. If Easton and especially Sturrock aren't happy with what they're offered they are very replaceable. (How does the Sturrock vs Sturrock hard bargaining work? A chat over breakfast?)

I suspect some of the players/agents were aware how desperately we needed to get bodies on board and were able to negotiate some slightly better deals than might otherwise have been the case and now with a bit more time, we are redressing that with the benefit of a season's performance to base our valuation on. If Easton and especially Sturrock aren't happy with what they're offered they are very replaceable. (How does the Sturrock vs Sturrock hard bargaining work? A chat over breakfast?)

On that basis, probably outing a few of the old relegated team backfired financially.

What I don't understand is why make Easton captain when this situation was always going to come up a year later?

On that basis, probably outing a few of the old relegated team backfired financially.

What I don't understand is why make Easton captain when this situation was always going to come up a year later?

Continuity of captain is not particularly vital. If he was the best man for the job for last season, why not ?

Continuity of captain is not particularly vital. If he was the best man for the job for last season, why not ?

Maybe so, but if the subject of contracts was mentioned in the latter part of the season, what effect could it have on the team? It doesn't matter now, but it could have!

I think its good management. Easton is a tidy player but nothing that you couldnt replace. We have limited funds and we have to use them wisely.

A midfield that contains Sawyer, Grant, Ferdinand and maybe Timlin is more than enough for my mind.

Maybe so, but if the subject of contracts was mentioned in the latter part of the season, what effect could it have on the team? It doesn't matter now, but it could have!

yes, we might have finished the season on a long run of relegation form ......... wait a minute

Back