• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crazy Game

steveo

mine to stay the same please
As a Bills fans I sky plussed the Monday night game against Dallas. 32nd ranked defence against the no 1 ranked offence. Bills 4th and 6th on thier 1st drive ran a a fake punt for first down. Next drive failed but they punted to the Dallas 2. Dallas, 2 runs for no gain, Romo throws an interception for a td return. Next Dallas drive Romo throws another interception. Threw yet another for a TD return then one more. Finally got on the board in the 2nd then McGee returns a kick off 103 yards for a td. 2nd half, Dallas get back to 16-24 with 40 seconds left.Get to the endzone, score 6. T.O. drops the 2 pointer with 20 seconds left. Dallas recover an onside kick but still need 60 yards or so. T.O drops a catch with 13 seconds left. They scramble a few yards by throwing and getting out of bounds and need a 52 yard field goal with 2 seconds on the clock. The kick goes up, the judges dont signal. Bills called timout just before the sanp so they set up again and.....get it. Damn, dissapoiting but amazing game. 25-24 Dallas.

Romo had a cracking 1st half. Just the 4 interceptions, 2 of which directly led to touchdowns. Well, I suppose if you throw the ball to your opponent from 2 yards out it tends to lead to a score.

At last another win for the Chargers over the South Park Cows (sometimes known as the Denver broncos). 41-3 will do for me.

At last another win for the Chargers over the South Park Cows (sometimes known as the Denver broncos). 41-3 will do for me.

Good I have an irrational hatred of the Denver Broncos.
Always hated them mainly because of John Elway (same clean-cut all-American arrogance reasons I've no time for Lance Armstrong)

At last another win for the Chargers o
How did you get to support the charges then or in fact why does anyone support the NFL team that they do?

in fact why does anyone support the NFL team that they do?

New York Giants, probably because they started to turn it around in the late 80s when I got into NFL (winning Superbowl XXI in 1987), plus my mate at school was a mad Chicago Bears fan and the Bears & Giants were big NFC rivals at that time (think the 87 NFC Championship game was a Giants win at Soldier Field in a blizzard IIRC). Also, always liked the idea of supporting the team of the city I wanted to visit most in the US. Shame the 2 times I've been I've not managed to get to see them. Glad to see they turned the Jets over in Week5 :)

How did you get to support the charges then or in fact why does anyone support the NFL team that they do?

I should imagine mine is pretty easy to figure out. I started watching NFL in 1985. I support the Bears. Do the math as they say! Well I'm not a glory fan in proper football so allow me to follow the glory in another sport :rolleyes:

If I could choose again though I'd probably pick Green Bay. Bit of a strange one as they are Chicago's big rivals, but having seen a bit on the tv about how they are owned by the fans rather than being a billionaire's plaything (plus they've got a cracking uniform), I really respect the organisation.

I've got an uncle who lives in the US, his nearest team is the Bengals. I therefore use to get Bengals key-rings and stuff like that at Christmas. When Channel 4 started their coverage, there was only one team I was going to support.

For the same reason my baseball team is the Cincinnati Reds. Sadly the days of the Big Red Machine seem a long time ago!

Because the weekend of the Lennox Lewis / David Tua fight they were playing the Miami Dolphins the next day so I bought a cheap ticket from SouthWest Airlines at about 5am, after spending most of the night night blowing a sizeable chunk my winnings on Las Vegas whores, and went off to the Jack Murphy Stadium (horribly retitled the Qualcom Stadium).

Miami were in command of their division whereas San Diego were 0-10 for the season. The Chargers kicked off, Dolphins ran it back to San Diego 5 yard line. Next play, touchdown Miami, San Diego 0-7 down after 30 seconds, a 58,000 crowd on their backs, booing the team off and on again.

How could I possibly support anyone else? :)

How could I possibly support anyone else
Lol, I got a MegaDrive when they came out and all the reviews sais the best game was Madden - 92 i think.

I got it and as they had recently contested the superbowl, the default teams were Dallas and Buffalo and i took the Bills. As I didnt have aclue what was going on I had to learn the rules so the easiest way was to watch the limited TV coverage and Ive liked it ever since.

My ambition is to watch the Bills at Orchard Park, in winter. Nearest Ive got so far is Bengals at Titans which was fantastic.

Back