• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crisis Open Christmas 2011

pickledseal

cowboy
Few days spare over the festive period?

[video=youtube_share;hNC8vJcrqRs]http://youtu.be/hNC8vJcrqRs[/video]

Every year (except last year when I was on holiday) I do a few shifts on the Activities and Entertainments team. Always a lot of fun and very rewarding, feels good at this time of year to give people a bit of warmth, shelter, food, love and comfort.

I'll be at Rough Sleepers shelter on 23rd and 24th and possible 28th, 29th and 30th.

Visit http://bit.ly/3nMpFe to volunteer for Crisis at Christmas 2011.

Feel free to ask any questions...

Few days spare over the festive period?

[video=youtube_share;hNC8vJcrqRs]http://youtu.be/hNC8vJcrqRs[/video]

Every year (except last year when I was on holiday) I do a few shifts on the Activities and Entertainments team. Always a lot of fun and very rewarding, feels good at this time of year to give people a bit of warmth, shelter, food, love and comfort.

I'll be at Rough Sleepers shelter on 23rd and 24th and possible 28th, 29th and 30th.

Visit http://bit.ly/3nMpFe to volunteer for Crisis at Christmas 2011.

Feel free to ask any questions...

I will be down the pub drinking on them dates thinking to myself "I am glad I got of my arse and god a job and WORKED for this pint I see before me!"

Lazy ****ing lay-abouts

I will be down the pub drinking on them dates thinking to myself "I am glad I got of my arse and god a job and WORKED for this pint I see before me!"

Lazy ****ing lay-abouts

Such a large number of the people I've met are ex-services who struggled returning to civilian life after Falklands, Iraq 1 etc. Often ended up alcohol or drug addicted. They had a job, gave up everything and then got left to 'get on with it'.

You're exactly right to call them lazy lay-abouts. :dizzy:

The system also ****s so many of these people... you can't get a job because you don't have an address, and you can't get an address because you don't have a job. I certainly wouldn't chose to spend my Christmas living on the street, its a cold, dangerous world out there... every second the possibility of being attacked or robbed of what little you have, not sure where your next meal or bed will come from - lazy is the last thing you are.

Fair enough about ex service men but some of these people must be just damn lazy!!!

Unfortunate, unlucky, victims of circumstance, family/marital breakdown, addition (gambling/drink/drugs), redundancy... these are the most common reasons.

There is a real division amongst homeless (and that includes those in vulnerable housing and with 'no fixed address'), with a number of eastern Europeans now on the streets too. Some of their stories are truly tragic whereby they were told there was work and 'free money' in England... they have families and came to get it to enable their families to survive. I think I would have done the same in their position? You've got to do what you got to do to survive. However those promises turned out to be false... many can't afford or can't face to go back to their families.In 2009, I met a good number who had been paid to come and work on T5 at Heathrow. It was all good, paid to come over, paid relatively good money to work (they were doing all the crap jobs that lots of British workers wouldn't do, or just worked for less). They sent it all home to their families... but then didn't get the plane ticket home paid for. They couldn't afford to get back home, a couple of hundred is a LOT of money when you have nothing at all. Some also talked of the bedsit they lived in (10-20 blokes in a one bed flat on a sleeping rotation).

Why would you want to live like this? That is what laziness implies, you choose to do this as the best option?

Back