• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Crowd from Saturday

The Fitter

Coach
According to 'The Evening Echo' (centre pages) more than 45000 fans attended the match against Darlo. Now whilst the club should be congratulated for it's efforts in getting this many bums on seats I noticed that the attendance figure they released was around 7300.

I know this question has been raised in the past but I hope that the VAT saved on the unofficial 37 thousannd extra fans is put to good use.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Jan. 31 2005,16:49)]According to 'The Evening Echo' (centre pages) more than 45000 fans attended the match against Darlo. Now whilst the club should be congratulated for it's efforts in getting this many bums on seats I noticed that the attendance figure they released was around 7300.

I know this question has been raised in the past but I hope that the VAT saved on the unofficial 37 thousannd extra fans is put to good use.
I bet the writer in question didn't proof read as he was too busy lurking on here.

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

4500 was the figure released by the club friday afternoon as the number of tickets sold by then

Three guys got in via an unmanned gate in the West Stand, so the Official Attendance was Officially incorrect. Sorry if you were misguided by the club's lax security!
ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Jan. 31 2005,20:47)]Three guys got in via an unmanned gate in the West Stand, so the Official Attendance was Officially incorrect. Sorry if you were misguided by the club's lax security!
ghostface.gif
If three got away with it, who's to say another 38,000 didn't?

Funny, the Centre Page Evening Echo I read mentioned 4,500 not 45,000. This actually makes the day appear to be worse than it actually was.

A big centre-page feature highlighting the large crowd would have been fantastic. Getting the crowd figure correct would have been nice. Using pictures obviously taken about 1.45pm did not have the desired effect.

Have you never heard of anyone talking about the dimensions of the pitch? Well the stands have a number of dimensions as well. In these parallel multiverses, accessable through the wormholes in Roots Hall turf, you can in fact hold an infinite number of people. 45,000 was actually quite disappointing. Especially as the 38,000 parallel me's were there. Where were YOU?

Back