• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cup - Season 20

Phew, rested two bowlers and went TIE, thought it would be more than enough and made 274 but my bowlers made no breakthroughs and they were ticking along nicely at 200/1 but fortunately we held them back in the final 10 to win by 26.

4th away draw in a row at Kester County who are ranked 220 in England. Should have enough to beat them after a rested BT20 week. All these away games mean gate receipts have been rubbish!

Easy win yesterday, now got a level III ranked #115 at home. Toughish game, but might be able to get away with a PAN.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB also through and now at home to a Level V ranked #885. He had this to say before the draw - "Looking for a draw to someone huge next week, so we can bow out with a nice payday." Well he drew the #5 side in the country, so I'd imagine he'll be quite happy :smiles:

I cocked it up by resting too many players whilst TIE-ing and whilst in the middle of a bad run. Oops.

Good weekend beating Batttty boy's on Sat and an easy cup win on Sunday, both wins by 10 wickets!

Unfortunately i've now got Peruvian Farmers in the next round!

A very comfortable win for me, bowled decent oppo out for 49. Got lucky with the next round, a home game against a team with one 550k batsman and nothing else above 55k. Should be a comfortable passage to Round 6.

SZ have three of the top four matches in the cup list!
1 - Peruvian Farmers v General Stars
3 - Brianstoke Batters v Southend United
4 - DIBS DIPPERS v LewysBarmyArmy

Out, but not too fussed as PFL starting to bite.

---------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB through as MrB stated above.

Could do with a few more SZ teams dropping out.

Should make Sunday friendlies easier to organise - I didn't manage to get a game sorted for yesterday.

Should make Sunday friendlies easier to organise - I didn't manage to get a game sorted for yesterday.
With your ranking, if you leave yourself online for a sustained period of time you should find people challenge you. If in doubt stick something on the friendlies thread in sledging.

Looks like three of our remaning five teams are heading out. Myself and Dibs looking comfy but Kev, Toddy and Naps all struggling.

Bloody Canberra Convicts won their cup game with 5 balls to spare so we still can't organise our friendlies against them :flamer:

On cruise control in todays's game, his bowlers are all wrecked PFL wise. Not certain though as we have two reserve bowlers playing so need a big total.

End of Over 17: 122-1, runrate=7.18
Robins 2-0-12-0
Guneratne* 52 (40 balls)
Cunningham 64 (58 balls)
Last Wicket: Wanless c. Khuliso b. Manchester 4 (FOW: 4/1)

Dibs appear to be on top given the wickets lost, though her oppo are scoring at a decent rate in bowling conditions.

End of Over 18: 93-3, runrate=5.17
Mohammed 4-0-21-0
Chambers* 28 (40 balls)
Lizwelicha 47 (42 balls)
Last Wicket: Loyal b. Buchan 8 (FOW: 18/3)

Mrs BB won by 9 wickets, chasing 216. Won with 5.5 overs to spare, she's now at home to a level IV ranked #416. 6th Home draw out of 7 for her.

Very comfy win for us and a valuable rest for two bowlers. Away at Zanarkand Abes next (6 out of 7 away for me!) who by his own admission logs on more for the forums than the actual games these days and so whilst his team is arguably stronger than mine, his fitness is shot as he never changes his line up (best 5 players either moderate or fresh) so I would hope to get through.

For Dibs and I it's all about avoiding Brianstoke, Cheesewire, Parkway, Sky Blues and Los Galactico and we should both have a chance of reaching the QFs. Need that lot to start drawing each other!

Mutual TIE for Mrs BB on Friday, as she's playing Kev, so she'll be able to GFI on Sunday which should see her through OK. Yep, some good sides still in there, although Int'l weeks may play havoc with some of them, Cheesewire especially...

Bendigo are much stronger than their rank suggests and I think Dibs will need the GFI.

Back