• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cv help

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
afternoon,

im just sorting out my cv for the first time in years. at my current employer, i have had 4 roles in the 4 years i have been there. im a little unsure as to how to display these in my cv. do i do 4 seperate entries? or one general one for the company i worked for.

thanks in advance

afternoon,

im just sorting out my cv for the first time in years. at my current employer, i have had 4 roles in the 4 years i have been there. im a little unsure as to how to display these in my cv. do i do 4 seperate entries? or one general one for the company i worked for.

thanks in advance

I would say just one entry Matty showing how you climbed the ladder in your time there.

Yeah I have to do the same from my time at Customs, one job but spilt it down into the different roles.

Don't know about generally, but having just done a major training session on recruitment from an employer's perspective, it was emphasised time and time again in that that prospective employers don't put a lot of store in CVs anyway these days, and it's more what you put on the application form that works for or against you. I guess what I'm saying is don't spend ages trying to produce a sparkling CV, keep it short and highlight the important bits.

Matty do it in one but lie big time,so if you made the tea say that you ran the whole company and never be to slow in coming forward.

afternoon,

thanks in advance

****Edited***

Last edited:
Definitely keep it short. Research the job and employer. Ask to see the place of work and talk to the recruitment person. Show them you want the job. Good quality white paper only!

afternoon,

thanks in advance

I had mine done by one of the top employment agencies in Scotland about 4 years ago....want me to send it to you and yo can *******ize it to suit you???

Sorry for the astrixe's....it is a word that is commonly used in the print industry and is not a swear word.....maybe alter would have been better to sue!!!

Definitely keep it short. Research the job and employer. Ask to see the place of work and talk to the recruitment person. Show them you want the job. Good quality white paper only!

...and if you send your CV in by post attach a handwritten letter of application / introduction.

afternoon,

thanks in advance

If you are looking for work through agencies make sure your CV lists all your skills and experience. It won't go to any employers but it will enable the agency to match you to potential roles.

Once the agency find a possible position they will expect you to produce a CV tailored for that role which highlights the skills and experience that particular employer is looking for and will be able to give you some guidance.

If you are looking for work through agencies make sure your CV lists all your skills and experience. It won't go to any employers but it will enable the agency to match you to potential roles.

Once the agency find a possible position they will expect you to produce a CV tailored for that role which highlights the skills and experience that particular employer is looking for and will be able to give you some guidance.

exactly, it's important that you tailor your CV to match the job, highlighting the skills and experience that you (hopefully) have that match to their job spec/person spec.

as OBL says, it's more and more common that firms want an application form and covering letter. i think when i was job hunting i only sent in my CV for one job advert, the rest (10ish) were all application forms.

on your CV, keep things in chronological order. and to answer your question, i would detail your employer, and then within that have each of your formal roles (with dates) and note your experiences/responsibilities for each one.

Back