• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

well im going to be a little controversial + say that the referee had a decent game.

The Phillips tackle was a bad one + he dived in studs up. The Ref got his yellow out but was advised by the lino to go for red, the ref had a different angle than the lino so fair enough i say. I 'll eat my blue bobble hat if the red card gets overturned , not a chance as its inconclusive on video that it wasnt a bad tackle.

As for the yellows i think we were merely naive compared to Daggers. As much as i hate the way footballers dive around like theyve been maimed - thats the way the game has gone ( watch that Southend v Liverpool match on youtube for a refresher on how football used to be )
It wasnt long ago that Anthony Grant won maybe a dozen soft fouls every game + it was successsful in making us a better team. Now the likes of Murphy + Hines do that against us we dont like it.

The day of the good honest pro has sadly gone, you could say if you cant beat them join them .... i'm sure if our players reacted to tackles like the Daggers players did then we would play against 10 men a lot more often.

Has anyone else noticed how everytime we as a crowd start abusing the ref/ lino during a game rather than getting on with supporting our team we lose the match . We as a team have never been good in physical encounters so by giving our players the mentality that its the ref fault then their own performance drops.

We lost a game , get on with it. We won the previous 3 + i think we will win at Newport. Bring it on ......

Unfortunately our appeal against Mark Phillips' red card has been rejected. He will serve a three game ban starting from Saturday.

Shame , i was looking forward to a bit of blue bobble hat on toast ......

Back