• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Daggers (home) - Saturday 9th March 17:30 - Live on TNT

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Daggers (h) now confirmed as live on TNT.

Sat 9th March 17:30 KO.

Southend United FC | Southend United Football Club

The official website of Southend United FC
www.southendunited.co.uk
www.southendunited.co.uk

Why do they keep putting the games on the TV where we would actually get a reasonable away support in for? It must be frustrating to the club. Surely a home game against Solihull would be better for the TV?

Everytime we have a potential semi decent away crowd we get picked for TNT.

Not good for the finances.

We have lost out on quite a few quid there in ticket sales. Is this actually acceptable?
In what way would it be unacceptable? TNT Sports are entitled to pick whatever game they want. I’m sure this is made clear to clubs at the start of the season.

Our two highest attendances this season were games broadcast on TNT. So I’m not sure what all this overreaction about losing money is for.
Why do they keep putting the games on the TV where we would actually get a reasonable away support in for? It must be frustrating to the club. Surely a home game against Solihull would be better for the TV?
We’ve already played Solihull at home. And even if we hadn’t, I’m not sure how that would be better from a TV perspective.

It’s hardly a surprise that they’d rather pick a local game with a decent crowd and atmosphere. Than a game against the likes of Gateshead with 10 away fans and a muted atmosphere.

That sucks for me, was planning on coming back to southend for that one, nice 3pm kick off. 😔. Why cant they televise the long distance games, surely thats better for everyone..

Last edited:
In what way would it be unacceptable? TNT Sports are entitled to pick whatever game they want. I’m sure this is made clear to clubs at the start of the season.

Our two highest attendances this season were games broadcast on TNT. So I’m not sure what all this overreaction about losing money is for.

We’ve already played Solihull at home. And even if we hadn’t, I’m not sure how that would be better from a TV perspective.

It’s hardly a surprise that they’d rather pick a local game with a decent crowd and atmosphere. Than a game against the likes of Gateshead with 10 away fans and a muted atmosphere.
I’m aware we’ve played Solihull at home. Wasn’t really the point though. I am saying this hurts the bottom line and is annoying to say the least. Also had our home game vs. Chesterfield televised which would have impacted on the away support against a good sized club who would have brought more if it wasn’t I’m sure.

The question is, how much TV revenue will we make from the game and would this figure compensate the loss of a few hundred extra fans?

Due to part closures, the North Bank can hold around 600ish I think. From memory, Chesterfield brought down around 450(?) An extra 150 fans, paying £20 each would have returned £3k.

Did we earn more through TV revenue?

I’d expect Daggers to sell similar to Chesterfield tbh, maybe a tad more.

I’m aware we’ve played Solihull at home. Wasn’t really the point though. I am saying this hurts the bottom line and is annoying to say the least. Also had our home game vs. Chesterfield televised which would have impacted on the away support against a good sized club who would have brought more if it wasn’t I’m sure.
The question is, how much TV revenue will we make from the game and would this figure compensate the loss of a few hundred extra fans?

Due to part closures, the North Bank can hold around 600ish I think. From memory, Chesterfield brought down around 450(?) An extra 150 fans, paying £20 each would have returned £3k.

You can watch the games on National League TV anyway, does it really make that much difference to the away support?

Chesterfield brought 493 to us. A few weeks earlier they played Boreham Wood away, which is a similar distance, and took 499. So I’m not sure on what basis there would have been loads more of them if it wasn’t on TV.

They definitely didn’t bring anymore than 450 odd the last two seasons either, albeit one of them was a Tuesday night.

I swear someone said we earn something like £6k from TNT games. Unsure if that was individually or in total for the season. Either way it’s peanuts.

I swear someone said we earn something like £6k from TNT games.

If true, that should make up for the loss of fan revenue.

I think people are quick to forget that we can only sell 600ish in the NB, so it’s not like we’re missing out on an extra 1000+ away fans (although not much chance of that in this league anyway)

Edit: If it’s £6k for the season, that’s a different story

Last edited:
If true, that should make up for the loss of fan revenue.

I think people are quick to forget that we can only sell 600ish in the NB, so it’s not like we’re missing out on an extra 1000+ away fans (although not much chance of that in this league anyway)

Edit: If it’s £6k for the season, that’s a different story
Don’t also forget that this would stop home fans coming along as well…

Reactions: GBJ
You can watch the games on National League TV anyway, does it really make that much difference to the away support?

Chesterfield brought 493 to us. A few weeks earlier they played Boreham Wood away, which is a similar distance, and took 499. So I’m not sure on what basis there would have been loads more of them if it wasn’t on TV.

They definitely didn’t bring anymore than 450 odd the last two seasons either, albeit one of them was a Tuesday night.
You can’t watch NL games at 3pm on a Saturday unless you are using non legitimate means.

Depends if Wet Spam are at home.

Back