• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Daggers (home) - Saturday 9th March 17:30 - Live on TNT

Based on what? The home end was sold out for the last match on TNT Sport.
Based on the fact that some people will not come to a game and pay £20 to come in when they can stay warm at home and watch it on the TV. I know people who do exactly that.

Southend fans aren’t this die hard bunch you seem to think. They also like a cold beer and the comfort of their own sofa to watch a game sometimes.

Don’t also forget that this would stop home fans coming along as well…

Yep, I’m sure a small number would be more inclined to stay at home for a variety or reasons, but as we had a near-on sell out last time, I don’t think many see it as a favourable option.

The question is, how much TV revenue will we make from the game and would this figure compensate the loss of a few hundred extra fans?

Due to part closures, the North Bank can hold around 600ish I think. From memory, Chesterfield brought down around 450(?) An extra 150 fans, paying £20 each would have returned £3k.

Did we earn more through TV revenue?

I’d expect Daggers to sell similar to Chesterfield tbh, maybe a tad more.
Can someone confirm what your away end holds due to these closures mentioned, thinking of bringing my lad but if it’s a squeeze I probably won’t bother as we had 700+ last time out.

Can someone confirm what your away end holds due to these closures mentioned, thinking of bringing my lad but if it’s a squeeze I probably won’t bother as we had 700+ last time out.

I think it’s around 600, although maybe @Smiffy could confirm?

You wont this time. With it being on Telly I'd be surprised if you bring more than 500

You’re probably right and with us not being very good this season too, still don’t really fancy it with my young lad if we’re too squeezed in hence looking to confirm capacity if possible. Cheers.

You’re probably right and with us not being very good this season too, still don’t really fancy it with my young lad if we’re too squeezed in hence looking to confirm capacity if possible. Cheers.
If you're worried about the squeeze just come at half time. Most of your lot had left by then last time.

I swear someone said we earn something like £6k from TNT games. Unsure if that was individually or in total for the season. Either way it’s peanuts.

Yes that's the figure I was told. Its per game not for the season.

Thats only 300 fans at £20 a pop. Not just away fans that stay at home when it's on the TV.

Yes that's the figure I was told. Its per game not for the season.

Thats only 300 fans at £20 a pop. Not just away fans that stay at home when it's on the TV.

The TV rights in this league are abysmal and rightly so.

The national league isn't a big watch for most. Can't remember a time I've watched TNT at 5.30 for anyone other than blues, although I will often watch football league and premier league on the box.

It's often counter productive to atmosphere and gate receipts, more so for the bigger clubs and less so for the smaller clubs.

Big shame that k.o. Is not 6pm rather than 5.30pm if the game is going to be televised. The reason being on the same afternoon Great Wakering Rovers have made it to the FA Vase quarter-finals, hosting Falmouth Town. (perhaps they could bring forward their kick-off by half an hour?).
One of those situations where using a bit of common sense could reap substantial financial dividends for a local non-league club rarely in the spotlight.

I believe that GWR are trying to get their game changed to a 1pm kick off
I suggested to them on twitter that they might try and get it changed if they can, I can think of a fair few people that would want to support them for their Vase match so long as we have enough time to get back to Southend and park in time for the Daggers game.

Would suit me as I am trying to go to both games
Me too - even a 2pm kick-off would be fine. As it stands we'll probably have half an hour to get from Wakering to Southend, find somewhere to park then get to Roots Hall. It's doable just about, but finding parking within 15mins walk of RH that close to kick-off may prove to be a challenge.

Me too - even a 2pm kick-off would be fine. As it stands we'll probably have half an hour to get from Wakering to Southend, find somewhere to park then get to Roots Hall. It's doable just about, but finding parking within 15mins walk of RH that close to kick-off may prove to be a challenge.
Good luck with that ! Specially if it goes to penalties !

Back