• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He seemed to be chief cone putter-outer when I saw him at Chelmsford earlier this season !

This reminded me of a EUFA b badge holder,he began his session setting out a million cones,then spent half an hour explaining the drill as player after player asked "I don't understand"

Nonsense !

Someone's got to do it I guess. I always smile when I see the legions of dads on a Saturday morning pouring into Tommy Moores school carrying portable goals, footballs, cones, posts etc. I always had to make do with coats down over the park at that age.

In some ways it was a lot better, especially when there were no dads around and we had to organise our selves

In some ways it was a lot better, especially when there were no dads around and we had to organise our selves

Some of the parents are experts on everything,few years ago I had one father who at every training session was sniping at everything I did,I invited him to have 30 minutes doing his stuff,his own daughter after a few minutes said "we want Mim to do it",funny thing was apart from him being clueless he never ridiculed me again.

Twerp.

Some of the parents are experts on everything,few years ago I had one father who at every training session was sniping at everything I did,I invited him to have 30 minutes doing his stuff,his own daughter after a few minutes said "we want Mim to do it",funny thing was apart from him being clueless he never ridiculed me again.

Twerp.

Reminds me of when I was an umpire for a Quick Cricket final for some under elevens. Lad takes a great catch only to be yelled at some ignorant dad (not the lads) who insisted he could run out the other batsman as well. Had to quickly explain to the poor confused lad that the ball was of course dead after the catch.

The game had to be held up whilst I had to warn the idiot who wouldn't shut up.

Twerp.

is that why you joined this site, you missed being ridiculed?:winking:

sorry , it was too hard to resist

Reminds me of when I was an umpire for a Quick Cricket final for some under elevens. Lad takes a great catch only to be yelled at some ignorant dad (not the lads) who insisted he could run out the other batsman as well. Had to quickly explain to the poor confused lad that the ball was of course dead after the catch.

The game had to be held up whilst I had to warn the idiot who wouldn't shut up.

long story, but I have had an under 12's match abandoned because of the behavior of the threatening behavior parents. I appealed and had a hearing in a box at Wembley stadium with the head of Essex FA prosecuting in front of a panel consisting of the Heads of three other County FA's and a lawyer/rules expert . It was quite enlightening to see how seriously they took it

Twerp.

Rule of thumb: the worse parents themselves were at football, the louder and more objectionable they are on the touchline.

Rule of thumb: the worse parents themselves were at football, the louder and more objectionable they are on the touchline.

I was half decent as a player but none of my kids have any footballing genes in their bones. I have therefore been denied the opportunity to be well behaved at junior football matches. Life sucks at times.

Very true,

I was helping out at another team,the manager was a quiet shy type of guy aged around 40,2 dads were irate as their superstar kids never had the pitch time the dads demanded,these 2 confronted the manager after one game shouting and screaming at him,the manager after suffering abuse for 5 minutes lost his rag,resulting in the 2 dads being being both thrown to the ground with a few hooks thrown in.

It emerged this quiet shy guy was ex army,bloody scary when he lost it though!

I only ever managed sunday league so I will be the worst pushy dad so that my kid makes it to the SUFC 1st team! I am hoping the fact my other half is Brazilian will make him a player of real flair

I only ever managed sunday league so I will be the worst pushy dad so that my kid makes it to the SUFC 1st team! I am hoping the fact my other half is Brazilian will make him a player of real flair

So after all this time you finally confess on here why you proposed to her! :winking:

I wouldn't go that far. The worst parent I've ever encountered was an ex-pro... Although he did play for West Ham.

I wouldn't go that far. The worst parent I've ever encountered was an ex-pro... Although he did play for West Ham.

Paul Parker was a true gentleman,he just let the coach/manager get on with it,he never interfered.Top guy.

So after all this time you finally confess on here why you proposed to her! :winking:

Whoa mate, hold your horses! who said anything about proposing! I'm weighing up whether the footballing talent would be worth putting up with the firey latin temperament!

I reckon so.

I know he is a club legend etc but that has no bearing on his qualifications to be a decent coach, but would be nice if he got it.

Back