• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Dan Harding Released from Ipswich

Good if he would come had a good loan peroid here.

Looked good for reading in the playoffs so probaly will end up going there insted.

I'm not so sure he'll be off to Reading now with there current managerial situation.

He may want to stay down south.

No harm in making an offer.

If he drops down to this level then I think it'll be to go to Leeds.

Your right. Would be a dream signing for us though I feel. A real domiant centre half who would head brick walls if asked.

I'm not so sure he'll be off to Reading now with there current managerial situation.

He may want to stay down south.

No harm in making an offer.

Reading is just about as South as Southend is. It's just the other side of the M25.

Tilly and Brush know how good Dan Harding is. Brush said at the AGM that he was the best left back in this division and I'm sure if there's any chance that we can sign him the Club will do all that it can. But I think we're going to have to lower our expectations from players who have just played in the Playoffs in the division above, from French U21 Internationals and strikers with six-figure price tags.

Harding is the one of our loanees that I feel most confident at this moment in time of signing. I really hope that we will move heaven and high water to get this sorted, it's what we need more than anything else except a creative wing player, to allow Barrett to revert to the middle in light of Clarke's imminent departure.

Let's look at it from Harding's point of view. He's currently out of work and the manager he just played under has left the club. There's no guarantee the current management at Reading will offer him a contract. They may be waiting to appoint a new manager who will probably want to bring his own players in. Therefore a good quick offer from a club he's played for with a management team that rates him that's not too far from Ipswich could well tip the balance. Remember he's probably just one of around 500 players that are released at this time of year.

Back