• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Ten goals in four games does tend to get one noticed, even if it's for the under 18's..........has anyone seen this scoring machine and would like to comment? I don't think mrsblue has demanded that he gets a run in the first team......yet.:winking:
What I'm interested in are people's views of him and whether, if he continues like this, he could be poached by a 'bigger' club?

Read this article on the Echo too and also the previous one when he had scored 7 in 3. Seems worthy of some sort of comment now. It is very hard to know what talent this boy has. Duncan isn't coming out and saying he is a worldbeater, whether that is intentional or not.

Good that the club now has somewhere to move these talented kids when they're clearly too good. 10 goals in 4 games is excellent and if he can show that kind of consistency over a couple of months then he'll probably be with the u21s by Christmas.

Good that the club now has somewhere to move these talented kids when they're clearly too good. 10 goals in 4 games is excellent and if he can show that kind of consistency over a couple of months then he'll probably be with the u21s by Christmas.

Get him in the first team if he's got 10 in 4. Williams and Walker, dream team. WAW.

Came through our youth section at Manor before moving into the SUFC Academy. Very talented lad and always one tipped for progression at a pro-club. Fingers crossed he can continue his fine form and perhaps make the next step up at a later date. Always a great feeling to see kids come through Manor and make the grade at Blues. We are all hoping one day he will make the 1st team. It's why clubs like us exist.

Here he is (back centre) celebrating with the Manor boys at The Hall after lifting the U14 cup in 2012. Dan scored of course!...

Last edited:
Ten goals in four games does tend to get one noticed, even if it's for the under 18's..........has anyone seen this scoring machine and would like to comment? I don't think mrsblue has demanded that he gets a run in the first team......yet.:winking:
What I'm interested in are people's views of him and whether, if he continues like this, he could be poached by a 'bigger' club?

Sadly not seen him play yet,10 in 4 is superb no matter what the standard is.

My son and I are going along to watch the U18 Saturday morning. First chance we have had this season to see them and looking forward to it.

Dan Walker has just signed a new 2 year deal on scholar terms. He was still on schoolboy terms because of a bad injury. Hope he turns out much better than the last Walker we had.

If he was on form like that at another club, they would put him on the first team bench, but the next step is U21 for him.

It's good that we're actually talking about these young lads coming through our system.. Long may it continue because we seem to be doing something right at youth level now.

Quick give him some more raw meat, greens and potatoes ! Great to see the improvements we are making in bringing the younger ones on, lets hope under 21s can get a bit more experience, opportunity and game time

His age doesn't matter, if he's good enough... Rooney, Owen, Fowler - all played in the PL when they were 17, why not fast track this lad !?

One thing I would say is that the quality of the opposition Rooney, Owen and Fowler played against in their early years may have been a quite a bit higher, but I agree with your point.

One thing I would say is that the quality of the opposition Rooney, Owen and Fowler played against in their early years may have been a quite a bit higher, but I agree with your point.

But then one of Rooneys first games was against Keown and Campbell If i recall correctly where as this lad would be against a L1 Centre halve

Back