• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Never feel like January is a great time for a goalkeeper to move, teams almost always have a first choice keeper in place, so anywhere he did move he'd likely have to force himself in to the team and spend some time on the bench, so I can see his agent or whatever recommending he sees out the season here as first choice.

Benefits him getting more first team experience, and if we can get promoted then it'll help us get a bigger fee. Think he'll be off at the end of the season to a Championship club and deservedly so.

Maybe those that watch more closely than I do will put me right, but there did not seem to be many, if any, bright young stars from the lower reaches moving upwards for a wodge of cash. Maybe close season is a better time for that sort of investment. As you say, it's good that we still have Bentley.

And I'd have thought fewer still goalkeepers.

I think back to Simon Royce who stood out as a class apart in the championship in a side containing Chris Powell, but didn't get his move until he was a free agent.

I thought he seemed to spend a bit longer waving to the fans after the game yesterday, leaving the field well after the rest of the team. Could this have been a fond farewell or am I just putting 2 and 2 together and making 5?

I also noticed this. My gut feel was that was last time might see him in Southend shirt. Hope I'm wrong.

Dan will see out the season with us im sure, then if we get promoted im sure he will stay ,if not and we still in league 2 ,im sure he will go if the price is right .He is a Southend lad ,always will be whether he plays higher up or not

I thought it was reported on here from the Mail Online that Brentford came in with a half million pound bid but were told we wanted double.

Brown also denied they had.

He also denied we were in for Cassidy, but I can't see why we would deny a bid came in, it would help start a bidding warning that's what we wanted.

When is his contract ending? Fairly sure he only has 18 months left. If he doesn't move on today (which I don't think he will) then we need to offer him a one year extension to get maximum value for him in the summer, much like Charlton did with Shelvey before selling him to Liverpool.

If we go up I can see us tying him down to a longer contract with an understanding that if we get a very large bid from a significantly larger club he can move on, if not I can see him going for in the region of 750k..

Back