• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Honestly, I can't believe what I am reading. How can you judge a young player on the few minutes he has had so far? Brown has obviously seen enough to give him a bit longer so that says something. He has good pedigree, having been at Man Utd in his early days and, if he got to Gillingham through Adam Barrett, I reckon Barrett has put his name forward again. That would mean AB has seen something in him, having seen him for a lot longer than some of you.

Give the lad a chance!! That's what clubs like ours do!

He came on after all the changes- not ideal. Got himself in great position 2-3 times then played a poor final ball. If PB wants to take a longer look fine by me

Honestly, I can't believe what I am reading.

Welcome to Shrimperzone. Here you will find dozens of people who genuinely think they would be a better manager, provide expert recommendations on players they've never seen and judge every forward by their Wikipedia goals to games ratio.

Please refrain from posting such radical views as taking more time to assess a player.

So what if this radical view becomes apparent, that he's not good enough to get and contract at Southend? And is just be kept on to make the numbers up? Will people be coming back on here to say those people were right to right him off and are good judges of players??

I admit nothing came off for him yesterday, but he got in some good positions and seems to have some pace. Gills fans rate him but it's his fitness is the issue. Left footed which is what we lack out wide, doubt that SM will come here as been getting quite a bit of game time at forest however Freedman was in the crowd yesterday, so maybe he is sorting a deal/loan with PB.

Welcome to Shrimperzone. Here you will find dozens of people who genuinely think they would be a better manager, provide expert recommendations on players they've never seen and judge every forward by their Wikipedia goals to games ratio.

Please refrain from posting such radical views as taking more time to assess a player.

Sometimes you talk complete rubbish. This isn't one of them.

:winking:

If we're working on a deal for a winger (McLaughlin) it's good for us from a bargaining point of view to also be seen to be looking at other wingers...

Honestly, I can't believe what I am reading. How can you judge a young player on the few minutes he has had so far? Brown has obviously seen enough to give him a bit longer so that says something. He has good pedigree, having been at Man Utd in his early days and, if he got to Gillingham through Adam Barrett, I reckon Barrett has put his name forward again. That would mean AB has seen something in him, having seen him for a lot longer than some of you.

Give the lad a chance!! That's what clubs like ours do!
Agree with the sentiment, but must point out that at the time AB put Galbraith's name forward to Gillingham, he'd never seen the man kick a ball in his life. He did it after having met Galbraith's "Aunty and Uncle" once.

Given tha AB was on loan to Wimbledon last season, and then joined us, I'm not convinced AB's ever seen Galbraith play.

Agree with the sentiment, but must point out that at the time AB put Galbraith's name forward to Gillingham, he'd never seen the man kick a ball in his life. He did it after having met Galbraith's "Aunty and Uncle" once.

Given tha AB was on loan to Wimbledon last season, and then joined us, I'm not convinced AB's ever seen Galbraith play.

Deegan would have seen him play at Hibs as well as per my last post

Honestly, I can't believe what I am reading. How can you judge a young player on the few minutes he has had so far?

Did you go?

I didn't, but I've certainly seen players in pre-season who it was easy to tell inside 20 minutes that they weren't up to it. Kevin Gray set the bar high, but even so there have been some hilariously bad triallists over the years. I don't know anything about this kid, but the chances are he fades away into obscurity: most triallists do.

Did you go?

I didn't, but I've certainly seen players in pre-season who it was easy to tell inside 20 minutes that they weren't up to it. Kevin Gray set the bar high, but even so there have been some hilariously bad triallists over the years. I don't know anything about this kid, but the chances are he fades away into obscurity: most triallists do.

No, I didn't, but that is not my point. Brown has seen more of him than anyone on here and, let's face it, will know more about football than anyone on this forum, so his judgment is good enough for me.

Galbraith may well fade away into obscurity but let Brown decide on that!! In the meantime, give the lad a chance.

It's all very well saying we trust Phil's judgement etc, but who remembers when he signed Bedsente Gomis? Did he see something in him too?

It's all very well saying we trust Phil's judgement etc, but who remembers when he signed Bedsente Gomis? Did he see something in him too?

even the greatest managers of all time make the odd mistake or take a chance on a wrongen... What did Ferguson see in kleberson djemba djemba taibi Bebe... It happens, all part of the joys of being a manager

Fergie saw something in Bébé and forked out £7 million for him. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. No manager gets every single decision right!

Fergie saw something in Bébé and forked out £7 million for him. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. No manager gets every single decision right!

It's widely reported that Ferguson had never actually seen Bebe play when he wasted 7 million signing him.In the old days Manure used often to buy the most expensive players so they couldn't continue where they were and right up to the present day they waste huge sums of money in transfer fees and wages.

Back