• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darius Henderson

AmericanShrimper

Transferred to Watford for 450,000.  The pile again dwindles; at least we've got the Goat!!

Linky

[b said:
Quote[/b] (AmericanShrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,22:12)]at least we've got the Goat!!
Was worried you'd missed that for a minute!!

I'm not sure we can afford two 'big name' strikers. We certainly couldn't have afforded £450,000!

TPS, is that superloo deliberately placed in the background on your photo?!

wink.gif

Never mind, realisticall ywe were never gonna get him. We've got Goater, a raw diamond would be nice as backup....

agree, 450k is pretty high, but I wouldn't mind having a fourth striker around, esp. while the goat is injured, so it seems as though Oli is the best bet...

Lets stick with Goater and hope we can get Neil Harris in the not too distant future.

Yes, a choice between Harris or a youngster for me. We would never have got Henderson at that price. I'm happy with an aquisition like Goater!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Aug. 05 2005,10:08)]Have Watford robbed a bank?? They were pleading poverty last season.
They got all the proceeds from Elton's recent gig @ Vicarage Road, but I thought that was being used to buy back their ground. Perhaps some of that cash has found it's way into their transfer budget, although they did flog Helgusson to Fulham & Webber to Sheff Utd for a combined total of about £2m.

Hey, an idea for RM, get Alison Moyet to play at Roots Hall for free & then use the cash to help fund his deal with Delancey!

Although i would of liked to see Henderson here, we could never have competed with £450k, so any bid we would've made would of been useless. Personally, i'd still like to see Holt at the club... But with both him and Maher at the club i think we'd struggle to find Ref's who'd willingly come here
laugh.gif

Was never a realistic target anyways, more of adding 2 to 2 and coming up with 62.

Back