• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Darryl Flahavan... the latest

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
From Sky Sports

"Darryl Flahavan faces an uncertain future are revealing Southend United have yet to offer him a deal.
The 25-year-old custodian signed a contract until the end of the season, but as yet new terms have not been made.

Flahavan has spoken to club officials, but with no deal in the offing he is now considering his options.

"In all honesty I haven't been offered a new contract by the club yet," he said to the Evening Echo.

"I did have talks with them, but nothing concrete has come my way and maybe they have different ideas for next season now.""

Interesting. It's normally us waiting for him...

I suspect it hinges on wether Maher and Cort stay/leave, this will give the board its pay options with regards to perhaps a goalkeeper they've lined up. be interesting (or not) if flavs goes elsewhere and leaves us with no goalkeeper.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 07 2004,01:04)]... he is now considering his options.

Interesting. It's normally us waiting for him...
A) Which options are they? The same options he's considered in the past?

B) Who's to say the club aren't waiting for him to agree to what they've proposed in meetings... and he's waiting for them to do likewise? it could be a mexican stand-off by both parties.

Now that Charlton have signed another GK (Danish international) I expect to see a deal with Roycie in the near future that sees them paying him off the last year of his contract so allowing him to join us. If that happens we can wave goodbye to Darryl and will sign a young back-up 'keeper.

..maybe Roycie will come on a season long loan deal or something like that with us agreeing to cover a portion of his wages (equal to what we would have paid for Darryl)

Perhaps the club were waiting to see what the position was with Craig Holloway at Arsenal, who was on loan with us towards the end of the season?

As he's now been released and is obviously available on a free, Daryl's misgivings may well have a sound basis.

The club tried to get Royce back last season I think but Charlton wanted him as back up - now they have signed someone else I reckon we might see him here next year.. plus the fact that him and Tilly are good mates!!

U sound like someone in the know mrs P?
rock.gif
???

A woman that knows about football... You sound surprised!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs P @ June 07 2004,12:53)]A woman that knows about football... You sound surprised!!!!
Shouldn't you be cooking my lunch?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 07 2004,12:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs P @ June 07 2004,12:53)]A woman that knows about football... You sound surprised!!!!
I'm sick of cooking for you - your the worst lay of my life!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs P @ June 07 2004,13:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ June 07 2004,12:56)]
[b said:
I'm sick of cooking for you - your the worst lay of my life!!!!!!!!!!  
tounge.gif
Mondays washing day as well as doing the dinner isn't it ?

biggrin.gif

Charlton have released goalkeeper Sergio Leite.Leite, 24, a former Portugese under-21 international, who joined the Add**ks at the start of last season but did not make a first-team appearance.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,09:39)]Good, he's rubbish.
You what? When you consider what we had at the beginning of the season, he is brilliant! He's a great shot stopper and generally a great keeper. He gets far too much criticism on here, and I certainly hope he gets offered another contract. Even if we sign another one, we still need 1 more! People on here are mentioning every keeper that's been released but I doubt many of them would come to us. Plus Darryl's young, unlike people such as Alan Fettis.

Come on Tilly!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ June 07 2004,16:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ June 07 2004,09:39)]Good, he's rubbish.
You what?
I said, good he's rubbish. You going deaf? And it's pardon, not 'you what?'. Manners Shrimpboy, manners! Tut tut.

So far we've lost a best striker (regardless what people may think he did score goals), our best defender (who we could of got money for him if handled in the right way), and now the club our debating if they can get a cut price keeper so they dont have to pay Daryls rather high wage demands. Well this all sounds to familair to me, remember that great keeper Emberson.

Come on Southend offer Daryl a contract, his one of the best keepers in Div 3 and im sure Roycie's wages would be equal. Also buying the likes of Royce and Edwards is only a short term solution and isnt exactly building for the future. So lets offer Daryl at least a two year deal so we dont have this "carry on" at the end of each season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Got any Spall shorts @ June 08 2004,10:48)]our best defender (who we could of got money for him if handled in the right way),

and now the club our debating if they can get a cut price keeper so they dont have to pay Daryls rather high wage demands.
A) How could it have been handled right to get money for an out of contract player who's over 24?

Don't say 'offer him a contract earlier'... we've been down this road already. He may not have wanted to sign (with his agent probably promising him better things next season for a while) and we weren't certain of our league status / didn't have a manager.

B) You know these are the reasons why re: Flav's, do you?

Source?

rock.gif

The players the club value should be held under longer contracts unlike the 6 month, one or two years which the board are currently handing out.

Flav's is one of the clubs best players who saved us a number of points last year, I dont know the clubs reasons for not offering him a contact I can only speculate. But if money isnt an issue then what the fcuk are they up to
mad.gif

Back