• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Daryll Is Not Happy

Darryl isn't happy either.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I've seen the ball tonight.

He has a point to be fair, I do have some sympathy with goalkeepers in the modern age as balls are becoming lighter and lighter and move in the air a lot more. You rarely see goalkeepers catching shots these days unless they're straight at them.

Daniels is a better keeper:smile:

Daniels is better at some things and has been excellent for us so far. I haven't seen him catch a cross yet though and despite his friendship with the goal line, when darryl came to collect he always collected. Don't forget that darryl made some pretty special saves over the years too. He was a superb lower league keeper during his time at the hall

when darryl came to collect he always collected

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously?! :hilarious:

You have got to be kidding. Not only was his decision making poor, but on the rare occasions he ventured off his goal-line, he frequently made a pig's ear of it. I distinctly remember an absolute car-crash of a game that Shorty had against Boston Utd when he tried to come for a few crosses and missed every single one.

And spare us the "list of honours" thingy. That poll was rigged by the Zone, wasn't it?

Darryl was a fantastic shot-stopper, let's be fair - second only to Roycey, in my time (*). But as a keeper, overall? He rated somewhere between Bart and Mildy, and miles behind Sammy, Roycey and Federici. And possibly Daniels (albeit too early to tell). And much of a muchness with Glen Morris.

(*Post 1990 - hence the omission of earlier custodians)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously?! :hilarious:

You have got to be kidding. Not only was his decision making poor, but on the rare occasions he ventured off his goal-line, he frequently made a pig's ear of it. I distinctly remember an absolute car-crash of a game that Shorty had against Boston Utd when he tried to come for a few crosses and missed every single one.

And spare us the "list of honours" thingy. That poll was rigged by the Zone, wasn't it?

Darryl was a fantastic shot-stopper, let's be fair - second only to Roycey, in my time (*). But as a keeper, overall? He rated somewhere between Bart and Mildy, and miles behind Sammy, Roycey and Federici. And possibly Daniels (albeit too early to tell). And much of a muchness with Glen Morris.

(*Post 1990 - hence the omission of earlier custodians)

Matt - I don't disagree that Darryl ranked long behind Sammy, Roycey and Federici, but I do think he was an excellent keeper for us in the basement divisions. I guess what I was trying to say about him always collecting was that his handling was excellent - if he got there he rarely dropped it. Maybe his judgement was poor in his early days with us, so you are right that he didn't always get there.

My comments were originally in response to a comment that Daniels is better than Darryl. All I did was suggest that Flavs was better at some things, crosses in particular. I saw Daniels nearly punch one in his own net tonight, so am still of that opinion.

Back