• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deadpool 2012

People seem happy with 10, so these are mine:

Kirk Douglas - Hollywood screen legend
Great Train Robber Ronnie Biggs
Freeeeee Nelson Mandela - South African legendary leader
Dame Vera Lynn spreads her wings at last
Two soap legends, our Jack (Bill Tarmey) from Corry and matriarch Lou Beale (Anna Wing) from Eastenders
One binge too many, Gazza finally cops it
Jack Klugman, could Quincy perform his own autopsy?
Norman Tebbitt gets on his bike
and finally, Tim Kitson, ex MP and bezzie of Ted Heath

Ok let's see if the grim reaper can catch up with this lot.

1. Ariel Sharon - ex leader of Israel and has been in a permanent vegetative state since Cricko was a lad
2. Zsa Zsa Gabor - I can't believe she hasn't kicked the bucket already
3. Robin Gibb - Leaving brother Barry as the last of the Bee Gees
4. Phil the Greek - Before or after the Queen's Diamond Jubilee?
5. Jimmy Carter - Peanut farmer and ex President of the USA
6. Robert Mugabe - I don't want to wish death on anyone, but I am sure that noboday will shed a tear if and when he shuffles off this mortal coil.
7. Ronnie Biggs - Great train robber who looks like he's already been embalmed as a preparation for his demise.
8. Bashar al-Assad - President of Syria - his lack of chin will be matched by his lack of life in 2012.
9. Julian Assange - founder of Wikileaks.
10 - Kirk Douglas - Head of the Douglas dynasty and forever Spartacus.

Right after an attempt from my laptop battery last nght to disqualify itself from the running for 2012, here goes:

I've still 4 runners going from last year, so I may as well stick with those.

From the world of literature, is 451 Fahrenheit the temperature of hell? - it's Ray Bradbury!

From the world of politics, his political career has been dead for over a decade now - it's Bob Dole!

From the world of acting, he's the world's greatest living cockney, but how much longer before he's diagnosed as brown bread? - it's Dick Van Dyke!

From the world of sport, to celebrate England winning the Ashes with an entirely white team and four of the top seven plus the coach being born in South Africa - it's Basil D'Olivera!

From the world of the living dead - it's Dennis Norden!

And I'll add….

He outlasted Sugar Ray Robinson in the ring and in life, but is 2012 going to be a knockout for Raging Bull Jake LaMotta?

Is 2012 the year Eric Hobsbawm becomes history himself? It would surely just be historical determinism.

I say a little prayer that we won't be paying our last Respects to the great Aretha Franklin

From the Queen of Soul to No Soul, if there's no moor vacancies in heaven that won't be an issue for Ian Brady

Will the Grim Reaper hit a Bullseye with the legendary Jim Bowen

And finally strap in, could it be Frank Bough's going to be Frank Bough?

My ten against the field:

1. Peter Alliss - ever expanding bellied golf commentator who will surely eat one pie too many in 2012
2. Peter Sallis - because he rhymes with the above and must be ready to taste his last summer wine
3. Peter O'Sullevan - He's beginning to get up, he's going to get up! But will Peter on each of the 366 days of 2012?
4. Andrew Sachs - Manuel unwell?
5. Terry Wogan - Wake Up with Wogan? He won't be.
6. June Whitfield - Doubt she'll be feeling Absolutely Fabulous throughout next year
7. George Michael - Won't Wake Up When He's Gone Gone
8. Alan Rough - coffin-bearer's will probably drop him going into the crematorium
9. David Coleman - has he gone too soon? Joining the commentary death conveyor belt
10. Roger Moore - 00Heaven

And finally, if the Mayan's and the Nibiru theorists have got it right none of us will be breathing at the end of 2012.

1. Thatcher
2. Abdel Basset al-Megrahi
3. Ronnie Biggs
4. Zsa Zsa Gabor
5. Ian Brady
6. Prince Phillip
7. Nelson Mandela
8. Pope Benedict XVI
9. Billy Graham
10.Clint Eastwood

1. Baronness Thatcher
2. Michael Winner
3. President Assad (of Syria)
4. Nicholas Parsons
5. Michael Barrymore
6. Charlie Harper (UK Subs)
7. Tony Benn
8. Johnny Hallyday
9. Ronnie Corbett
10. Frank Lampard Senior

Thatch - yeah but I hope they can't find the body so we don't have to cringe through the pomp and ceremony. Ideally she falls down a disused mine and its not safe to retrieve the body.
I used to work with Charlie Harper - he is an absolute love.

George 'Dubya' Bush
Bashar al-Assad
Abdelbaset Al Megrahi
Fidel Castro
Rev Ian Paisley
Pope Benedict XVI
Ronnie Biggs
Zsa Zsa Gabour
Prince Philip
Margaret Thatcher

Last edited:
Margaret Thatcher