• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DEADPOOL 2021

Mike Collins astronauts. Once described as the loneliest man in the universe. RIP
Incredibly brave man, and often the forgotten one for not having walked on the moon in the Apollo 11 mission. He was visiting the Kennedy Space Centre when we had a trip there on one of our Florida holidays back in the 90s, amazing man.

Just leaves Buzz Aldrin still alive from the crew.

Incredibly brave man, and often the forgotten one for not having walked on the moon in the Apollo 11 mission. He was visiting the Kennedy Space Centre when we had a trip there on one of our Florida holidays back in the 90s, amazing man.

Just leaves Buzz Aldrin still alive from the crew.

Agree, really interesting when hes interviewed and very humble with it. Think there is only four left now who walked on the moon

Just found out from a friend that Heavy D (The Boominator) died last November. He found out from his friend Micky Theo, who he hadn't seen for months because of lockdown. Some on here won't of heard of him, some like me would have known him from Storage Wars, Big Brother etc.
Didn't see it mentioned on deadpool on here. He went missing after visiting costume designer Lorna Onabanjo who lives in Leigh. He was found on his kitchen floor. He died of a heart attack, only 43.
images

Just found out from a friend that Heavy D (The Boominator) died last November. He found out from his friend Micky Theo, who he hadn't seen for months because of lockdown. Some on here won't of heard of him, some like me would have known him from Storage Wars, Big Brother etc.
Didn't see it mentioned on deadpool on here. He went missing after visiting costume designer Lorna Onabanjo who lives in Leigh. He was found on his kitchen floor. He died of a heart attack, only 43.
images
Annoying if there but funny to watch

Norman Lloyd, actor, passed away two days ago somewhat prematurely at 106 years old. Was known as the oldest actor (not sure who gets that title now - maybe Neymar).

He's been on my list for a while so I assume I get a few bonus points, plus another for no one else having him on their list. Not sure what that all adds up to, it's all getting a bit actuarial now, I assume someone has it all on a spreadsheet.

RIP Norm

Author of possibly the most famous children's book in the world, Eric Carle, passes aged 91.

1622095964664.png

Trainer and fearless punter Barney Curley gone to the bookies upstairs

He arranged some of the biggest horse racing coups ever. Mostly his horses, mostly hiding how good they were over a certain trip for the massive gamble on the big day over the right trip. So if he had a brilliant stayer, he would run it in sprint races where it would look useless, and the price would keep going up each time it came nearer last than first. Then he would run it over it's proper trip against weak horses, and bang, a massive gamble landed by taking all the early prices through many people he paid to put money on for him, usually netting him over a Million Pounds. He insisted it wasn't race fixing as the other horses and jockeys were trying. But it was really, by hiding how good a horse was until the money was down. Another thing he did was keep running a good horse on the wrong ground. Some horses can only run good on soft ground for example, so he would keep running them on fast ground, to make them look bad, until the big day of course on soft ground.

He arranged some of the biggest horse racing coups ever. Mostly his horses, mostly hiding how good they were over a certain trip for the massive gamble on the big day over the right trip. So if he had a brilliant stayer, he would run it in sprint races where it would look useless, and the price would keep going up each time it came nearer last than first. Then he would run it over it's proper trip against weak horses, and bang, a massive gamble landed by taking all the early prices through many people he paid to put money on for him, usually netting him over a Million Pounds. He insisted it wasn't race fixing as the other horses and jockeys were trying. But it was really, by hiding how good a horse was until the money was down. Another thing he did was keep running a good horse on the wrong ground. Some horses can only run good on soft ground for example, so he would keep running them on fast ground, to make them look bad, until the big day of course on soft ground.

My mate works for a bookies in head office and is convinced horse racing is crooked as hell.

Back