• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DEADPOOL 2022

As Douglas Trumbull has left us I'll jump in here. He directed one of my favourite films and did the FX for many other great movies. RIP Doug.

Gary Brooker , Procol Harem .
I'm not sure about this, I think this has gone round as a rumour before, and have seen this on FB today with others outright denying any truth in it. None of the "big" news outlets seem to confirm it, just small publications and individuals commenting.

I hope I'm right in this instance.

I'm not sure about this, I think this has gone round as a rumour before, and have seen this on FB today with others outright denying any truth in it. None of the "big" news outlets seem to confirm it, just small publications and individuals commenting.

I hope I'm right in this instance.

Most of the online press are now carrying the story.

Really sad. RIP

RIP Gary. Another famous son of Westcliff High School bites the dust At last, truly a whiter shade of pale.
My Dad was at SHSB and am sure He was there at the same time!
Could have attended both I guess.

Most of the online press are now carrying the story.

Really sad. RIP
Yes, very unusual way for it to come out.

RIP Gary. Whiter shade of pale was my first dance at my first wedding - as I suspect it was for many others.

Gary Brooker , Procol Harem .
Yes, very unusual way for it to come out.

RIP Gary. Whiter shade of pale was my first dance at my first wedding - as I suspect it was for many others.
It is on the Procol Harem web site .

My Dad was at SHSB and am sure He was there at the same time!
Could have attended both I guess.
I lifted the School bit from Wiki, it has been known to be wrong:

Born in Hackney Hospital, East London, on 29 May 1945,[2][3] Brooker grew up in Hackney before the family moved out to Middlesex (Bush Hill Park and then to nearby Edmonton).[4] His father Harry Brooker was a professional musician, playing pedal steel guitar with Felix Mendelssohn’s Hawaiian Serenaders, and as a child Brooker learned to play piano, cornet and trombone.[5] In 1954 the family moved to the seaside resort of Southend-on-Sea, Essex, where Brooker attended Westcliff High School for Boys.[6] His father died of a heart attack when Gary was 11 years old, forcing his mother to work in order to make ends meet, while Brooker himself took on a paper-round.[7] When he left school, he went on to Southend Municipal College to study zoology and botany but dropped out to become a professional musician.[8]

I lifted the School bit from Wiki, it has been known to be wrong:

Born in Hackney Hospital, East London, on 29 May 1945,[2][3] Brooker grew up in Hackney before the family moved out to Middlesex (Bush Hill Park and then to nearby Edmonton).[4] His father Harry Brooker was a professional musician, playing pedal steel guitar with Felix Mendelssohn’s Hawaiian Serenaders, and as a child Brooker learned to play piano, cornet and trombone.[5] In 1954 the family moved to the seaside resort of Southend-on-Sea, Essex, where Brooker attended Westcliff High School for Boys.[6] His father died of a heart attack when Gary was 11 years old, forcing his mother to work in order to make ends meet, while Brooker himself took on a paper-round.[7] When he left school, he went on to Southend Municipal College to study zoology and botany but dropped out to become a professional musician.[8]
My father has sadly passed but I recall us meeting after many years a old school friend of his in the Indian next to kebab 2000 and them both saying about Procul and their time at Southend High (all same age) (think wiki maybe wrong) Robin trower was definitely there maybe Gary wasn't!
R.I.P Gary thanks for that all time classic!

My father has sadly passed but I recall us meeting after many years a old school friend of his in the Indian next to kebab 2000 and them both saying about Procul and their time at Southend High (all same age) (think wiki maybe wrong) Robin trower was definitely there maybe Gary wasn't!
R.I.P Gary thanks for that all time classic!
I always thought Gary was an alumnus at SHSB in fact SHSB always we’re proud of it!

Back