• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dick Bate's Protege

Minister for Equality
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeremy-warner/8913884/Death-of-a-currency-as-eurogeddon-approaches.html

What do people make of the ongoing Euro crisis, could it really all come crashing down?

I'm pretty ignorant to the cause and effect of financial crisis, but it appears to me that there could be a real chance of armed conflict if this continues to get out of hand and poorer nations start dragging more prosperous ones down with them. What are others views chaps and chapesses?

Round them all up put em in a field and bomb the *******s.

I think the UK press has particularly negative viewpoint on the €. I work with a German fella and he is convinced that the € will remain - Germany is playing hardball to ensure the Southern European states reform.

UK bond yields are back above German today. Additionally there was little fuss over the last 'failed' bund auction - which I think was in September (or recently anyway).

I read today that the Polish Finance Minister practically begged the German Government to sort it all out. I would have thought Poland might have thought it through a little more considering what happened the last time Germany decided to sort the rest of Europe out.

I read today that the Polish Finance Minister practically begged the German Government to sort it all out. I would have thought Poland might have thought it through a little more considering what happened the last time Germany decided to sort the rest of Europe out.

Ah but Poland actually want to join the Eurozone.:omg:

The whole thing is annoying me, mainly because the Euro is dropping like a stone against the Dollar just before I go on holiday to the States. :angry:

The Euro was a terrible idea which was never going to work. And, like a lot of parts of the current economic crisis around the World, I'm not convinced that anyone knows exactly what to do in order to turn it around.

I agree, the Euro was a disaster from the start - different countries have different rates etc and it was never going to work. Plus, with the exchange rates atm, makes it a tad more expensive for us when we need/want to go to the continent. Wish it was £1 = 1.42 euro :winking::smile:

Also, it is getting a bit boring now when they say 'oh yes, we've agreed to do this, this and this'. Ok, so you've agreed it. So when are you actually going to do something about it? Germany and France take ages to actually put something into motion, and you need things to change now to actually make an impact.

The Euro was never, ever going to work. They all looked so smug during the good times but the main problem of the Euro - a extreme lack of flexability. What you do for one country will in turn affect the next. As soon as the recession hit it was going to be like canoeing up a waterfall. At least with us holding the pound we have some sense of control over how we tackle our debts while countries like Greece are relying on a man in Brussells whose decisions not just affect one country but every country in the Euro and in-directly every other exporting/importing country who relies heavily on Euro-zone countries. Unfortunately it is not a simple case of shelving the Euro and giving back countries there own currency back - this will be like handing out nuclear rocket controls to a curious child and saying 'Dont push that big red button'. They should be concentrating more on stabilising every country in the Euro-zone before thinking of debt and build a platform from where to go on from. This is a long term plan with no short term solution.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/jeremy-warner/8913884/Death-of-a-currency-as-eurogeddon-approaches.html

What do people make of the ongoing Euro crisis, could it really all come crashing down?

I'm pretty ignorant to the cause and effect of financial crisis, but it appears to me that there could be a real chance of armed conflict if this continues to get out of hand and poorer nations start dragging more prosperous ones down with them. What are others views chaps and chapesses?

Which is precisely what happened to end the last worldwide economic disaster in 1939.

Follow the news this weekend.France and Germany are stitching up a deal to be announced early next week.

Follow the news today. Merkel has said it will take years to find a solution. Of cause some deal will be struck that will benefit Germany and her pet poodle France while the rest of the Euro states will tow the line or face sanctions and fines to beat them back in line. The sanctions bit were her comments to the German Parliment not mine by the way.

Looks like to me that the United States of Europe is ever closer.

Follow the news today. Merkel has said it will take years to find a solution. Of cause some deal will be struck that will benefit Germany and her pet poodle France while the rest of the Euro states will tow the line or face sanctions and fines to beat them back in line. The sanctions bit were her comments to the German Parliment not mine by the way.

Looks like to me that the United States of Europe is ever closer.

They have to take the other 25 countries with them.

I read yesterday that Italy has apparently Gold reserves in the region of 2500tons, at $1700 per oz, why the **** don't they sell some to pay their debts? There again they obviously don't have Gordon Brown in their exchequer.

They have to take the other 25 countries with them.

I read yesterday that Italy has apparently Gold reserves in the region of 2500tons, at $1700 per oz, why the **** don't they sell some to pay their debts? There again they obviously don't have Gordon Brown in their exchequer.

If they unloaded that on the market the price would no longer be $1700/oz.

Back