• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Deegan vs Stevenage

• Total voters

Pubey

What rating do you give Deegan for his performance against Stevenage? He seems to have split the SZ faithful.

What rating do you give Deegan for his performance against Stevenage? He seems to have split the SZ faithful.
Sure he made a couple of unusually bad passes last night, but overall I thought he was his usual aggressive, dominant and reliable self..........blend of Kevin Mayher and Paul Clarke.

Sure he made a couple of unusually bad passes last night, but overall I thought he was his usual aggressive, dominant and reliable self..........blend of Kevin Mayher and Paul Clarke.

Blend of Kevin Maher, Paul Clarke and #hipstercop

288564C300000578-3075746-image-a-18_1431273332362.jpg

He started off woefully then he really upped his game, thought he was everywhere after that.

I thought he played well. As others have said, he made some wayward passes, but you can't fault his workrate or commitment. He's much better when playing alongside Timlin though.

I can run around a football pitch for 70 minutes like a headless chicken doesn't mean I have had a good game.

Problem with Deegan is because he has a beard and massive quads and wears short shorts he has become a bit of an idol. So many on here view him with rose tinted glasses. As I and many have done with certain players for me Scott Forbes is still the greatest player to play for us :winking: Just wasn't overly impressed with his performance, he gave the ball away a lot and never went for the simple ball.

Someone commented last night that when he came on they didn't have many shots, I don't think that's down to him. Plus after he came on he scored and they had a couple of pretty decent chances. Sometimes you need to forget he has a beard and massive quads and remember he is human and can have a bad/not so good game.

Difficult to give a rating. Last 10 minutes of the first half, and the 1st 10 of the 2nd half, he was woeful.

Last 30 minutes, I thought he was outstanding

I have put 5, most people think that is a bad mark and the standard mark for an average performance seems to be 6.5ish with most but on a scale of 1 to 10, 5 is the average mark. Not a poor performance did some good and some bad.

Agree that he improved as the game went on, as is to be expected when a player comes on a lot earlier than expected and probably just as unexpected that it would be for Timlin, but got to be honest, that's the worst I've seen him play since he signed. Misplaced passes, more than usual, poor positioning with Leonard both going to the same man and leaving space behind them over and over again and a couple of unnecessary fouls. I love the man (who doesn't?) but he was far from his best yesterday.

I have only seen him in this game...........is he a 'marmite' player. When he first came on, knowing there was some controversy about him, I tried to keep an eye on him. (Not easy on a small screen, and with cameras dictating what you see) He started poorly with giving the ball to Stevenage, excusable I suppose, having to get into the pace of the game. Nevertheless I imagine that it would have given his critics enough to confirm their suspicions. Better in the second-half .... put himself around a lot and although there were still one or two misplaced passes, this is League Two we're talking about. Having said all that, if it was a choice between him and Timlin, it would be the latter for me.

I've given him an 8 (although a 7 was probably about right), sometimes what he does isn't pretty and a lot of his work is done off the ball and players like that don't get recognised as much as they should.

Personally I think he's class, he breaks up the play and plays the ball short and easy, just like Matic/Mikel would do and I think a player like that is crucial in any team, unfortunately when Timlin went off we didn't have any midfield flair to help him and that is an issue.

Despite having his own pre-match song and a degree folk law worship, I think he did ok. Which is ok but not what I would expect for a play-off semi. I would like more consistency of his good stuff. I gave him a 6 by the way, which is just above average it seems.

I dont think he had one of his better games, but I really like him as a player.

He is one of those players that some will never notice what he brings, because most of what he does is off the ball.

Some see him running around as a "headless chicken", others see him breaking up the play and more often than not being in the right place at the right time to do so. Because that results in nothing more than a move getting broken up he doesn't stand out for doing it.

I dont think he had one of his better games, but I really like him as a player.

He is one of those players that some will never notice what he brings, because most of what he does is off the ball.

Some see him running around as a "headless chicken", others see him breaking up the play and more often than not being in the right place at the right time to do so. Because that results in nothing more than a move getting broken up he doesn't stand out for doing it.

Absolutely this.

Like any League 2 player he has his good a bad points. Yesterday was a perfect example of that. He gets in the way, is physical and breaks up play very well. However, his distribution wasn't really that great, and he did seem to give the ball away more than anyone else. Sometimes I also feel his decision making is a bit slow which probably leads to him rushing a pass...

He has a disciplinary record that Mohsni could only dream of. Twenty five appearances have brought 10 yellows and a red (Mohsni's last 25 appearances managed only 3 yellows and a red ... and 6 goals).

Sorry for those who like it, but if he shaved that ridiculous beard off he'd pick up less cards. It makes him an easy target for referees.

Back