• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

degree

markw

Manager⭐
did anyone on here do a physics related degree?

if so what did they think, im doing one next year and thought i would see how people found or are finding it?

did anyone on here do a physics related degree?

if so what did they think, im doing one next year and thought i would see how people found or are finding it?

I studied physics at Manchester University in the 90's.

I'm happy to answer any questions however I am no Stephen Hawking.

You know how people often say:

"It's not exactly rocket science, is it?"

Well, sometimes it is.

Hope this helps...

I will give you the following advice:

If your maths isn't up to scratch you will struggle. On my course there were 1st and second year maths courses covering subjects such as:

Vector mechanics and vector fields.
Statistics
Wave mechanics
Fourier analysis
Differential and partial differential equations
Advanced calculus
Numerical methods

Make sure that maths is second nature the rest of the course becomes easier. if you are struggling to understand the maths you will never understand the physics.

Many courses build on previous ones so it isn't a case of passing an exam and forgetting about it. My advice would be to keep going over old material all the way through course to keep it fresh in your mind.

Note I didn't follow any of the guidelines I have just provided, skipped lectures and borrowed photocopied notes a couple of days before exams. As a consequence I didn't do nearly as well as I could have and have regretted it ever since.

Physics is one of the best degrees to hold, especially if you are planning a career in the city.

I will give you the following advice:

If your maths isn't up to scratch you will struggle. On my course there were 1st and second year maths courses covering subjects such as:

Vector mechanics and vector fields.
Statistics
Wave mechanics
Fourier analysis
Differential and partial differential equations
Advanced calculus
Numerical methods

Make sure that maths is second nature the rest of the course becomes easier. if you are struggling to understand the maths you will never understand the physics.

Physics is one of the best degrees to hold, especially if you are planning a career in the city.
im alright with all of them except statistics so i can work on that :)
and i was planning a career in the city but slowly realising i would probably hate it, so am thinking of doing sometihng physics based

Back