• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Derby County v Southend United

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
DERBY COUNTY 3-0 SOUTHEND UNITED

DERBY
: Grant, Edworthy, Johnson, Moore, Camara, Bisgaard (Smith 74mins), Bolder, Oakley (Johnson 81mins), Malcolm, Howard, Lupoli.
Subs: Boertien, Nyatanga, Jackson

Booked: Edworthy, Bisgaard (both unsporting behaviour), Moore (persistent infringement), Oakley (unsporting behaviour).

Goals: Johnson 40mins, Lupoli 48mins, 63mins.

SOUTHEND: Flahavan, Francis (Campbell-Ryce 81mins), Barrett, Clarke, Hunt, Hammell, Gower, Maher, Guttridge, Eastwood, Hooper (Ricketts 68mins).
Subs: Paynter, Sodje, Collis.

Booked: Hooper (unsporting behaviour)

Attendance: 22,395

Referee: R Lewis.

I think Ill be avoiding this board for a while, the boo boys probably have a case regarding our non existant defence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 30 2006,16:25)]I don't wish to be the harbinger of doom but surely after listening to this we're looking at Prior and Efe straight back into the starting line up ?
Prior, you are kidding.

Tilson puts those two in we lose, then what ?

We are fast becoming the whipping boys or this league, we must sort it out at the back, I still think we will come good.
rock.gif

Of course I am. I've been following the Shrimpers for 30 years so I haven't exactly "jumped onto the bandwagon", have I?! Every season I "roar for promotion" - why should this season be any different?!

Not me for one, 36 years a shrimper throw thick & thin, will always get my loyal support.
smile.gif

The lads need to come through this bad streak. Tilly needs to find a starting line up that works week in week out. Another 3 goals conceeded, our defence is turning into a joke.

Is it all down to Clarke? Im not sure because I only saw 2 games so far with him in. He played quite poor then. But I still think he is one for the future. But for now I would give Efe a go.

But every week it seems wer coming out and blaming different players. Paynter, Gutts, Hunt, Clarke and JCR on occasions have been called to be dropped by fans. But we still havn't got answers. Still along way to go! I will stay a optimistic Shrimp.

Just listened to Tilly on the Radio and heard the words "Sloppy goals, Set Plays etc." Surely now we have Efe fit it is time to play him.
Sounds like we gave away one goal through Clarke losing his man and another from set plays.
The worrying thing that I heard Tilly say was "How can you train to defend againsy set plays!"....Don't know dick about coaching but would have thought that is one thing you can practise.

I really think this squad is good enough to hold its own in this league and Cardiff apart have not seen a team we should be scared of...the problem is that we are letting ourselves down. Too much lost possession, too many goals from corners,etc. I know we can do better and really believe that we will.

Come on you Blues

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 30 2006,18:38)]So Paynter back in next game then? does anyone who boo'd him off now think he isnt the worst southend player?
Sorry but how does today's display justify an immediate recall for Paynter just because we lost? Today's result is all about the DEFENCE not being good enough not the fact that Paynter wasn't in the starting X1!! If anything the only things today tells us up front is that Ricketts needs to get himself fully match fit and QUICK!!

And from what Draft Shrimper was telling me about the game Hooper showed plenty of potential for such a young lad but (understandably at his age) lacks the physical strength necessary to make a significant impact up front in the Championship at this stage. That's something that will come as he develops. Ricketts has shown in his 2 fleeting substitute appearances just how much of an asset physical strength is when playing against top quality centre-backs in this division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Sep. 30 2006,18:42)]I really think this squad is good enough to hold its own in this league and Cardiff apart have not seen a team we should be scared of...the problem is that we are letting ourselves down. Too much lost possession, too many goals from corners,etc.  I know we can do better and really believe that we will.
I agree and if we can sort out the back 4 I'm sure we will do better.

Did Tilly really say that about set-plays?

(Worried)
rock.gif

Might have mis heard but I am sure he said that about training to defend against set plays!

Anyone else hear it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 30 2006,18:38)]So Paynter back in next game then?
Why bring Paynter back?  With him we lost 3-0 at home.  Without him we lost 3-0 away.  Big fecking difference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Sep. 30 2006,18:38)]does anyone who boo'd him off now think he isnt the worst southend player?
I presume you mean "does anyone who boo'd him off now think he still is the worst southend player?"  There's one thing I can guarantee you.  He's definitely the worst striker we've ever paid £200k for.

We have just got back from the game and having the misfortune of paying £50 for me and Mrs GNH to watch a team totally bereft of ideas and passion. I have never witnessed a defence with such a lack of organisation as the one today with people out of position every time they attacked

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ Sep. 30 2006,20:11)]We have just got back from the game and having the misfortune of paying £50 for me and Mrs GNH to watch a team totally bereft of ideas and passion. I have never witnessed a defence with such a lack of organisation as the one today with people out of position every time they attacked
Yea, spot on GNH. Clarke and Barrett were individually poor today. The for a couple of the goals Flavs was in no-mans land and nobody (actually Barrett) never thought to get back on the line.

Derby could (and should) have scored 7 or 8 today, no lie.

My mate made a good point - if Eastwood was lining up for Derby today then he would have taken at least 2 of Howards 4-5 chances... thats the difference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wickford Blue @ Sep. 30 2006,20:03)]Might have mis heard but I am sure he said that about training to defend against set plays!

Anyone else hear it?
He did say it.

Interviews

I'm sure he didn't mean to say it like that, if he did I'm worried the current joke defending from set-plays will continue.....
down.gif
rock.gif

Back