• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dervite

lol, all this proves is we are only one premiership quality defender away from being promoted (based on if we had this form permenantly/all season, we would be top of the league).

as much as i like sawyer and HRK i think we now know (have proved what we've always known) being we need a massive dominant centre half, instead of the 2 named players above, however would like to sign them and a defender of real class

easier said than done

Dervitte. Is. Quality.

The best we can hope for is a season long loan next season.

Come back dervitte, you're loved here!!

Its a similiar situation to when we had Stephen Kelly on loan from Spurs all those years ago. Both of them are far too good for us, and I very much doubt we will see Dervitte in a Southend shirt after May. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Sawyer I can definately see here next season. His contract is up in the summer, plus he failed to make the grade at Coventry. He stated on numerous occassions he'd like to sign for us so I think that one could be a go-er.

HRK is the same. Out of contract come the summer. Depends if we go for ID who we have on trial. Be happier with either to be honest.

I can tell you that he is highly regarded at Spurs, not surprising really!

Easily the best centre back we have had at Southend in the past 10 years.

367fe5b376.jpg

re peoples comments about hrk, he signed a new contract with reading today so that's out the window. dorian will also be a no go, an established french under(insert age here) international. will play at least championship football next season. and as already said, sawyer could be our only realistic chance.

Good move by ST to get Dervitte in, has turned our season round. My only wish is that it was done earlier, the need for a decent central defender has been obvious for quite some time. But to be fair to Tilson,people of DD quality are not easily obtained.

Our chances of getting DD even on a season long loan next season I feel are very remote, unless we get into the Championship. Then I believe we would be able to secure players like this and sawyer for the season - which would be awesome. However, if we do stay in this league next season, I would love to see Franno groomed and played as our Centre Back - I thought he looked excellent when asked to fill in this season in this position. He reads the game well and is also very mobile. People may knock me for this suggestion, but hopefully others have seen his potential for this position. We are going to lose Clarke as well after all. So regardless if we do get DD for another season long loan. Franno and DD, with AB contining at LB. Just a thought, but lets not over look the resources we already have at the Club , with Franno still having another 2 years left on his contract at the end of this season.

As much as I think it's a no-goer lets make Dervite feel so wanted that he goes back to Spurs come May and tells them he would like to return next season on loan if possible - you never know!!!

;)

As much as I think it's a no-goer lets make Dervite feel so wanted that he goes back to Spurs come May and tells them he would like to return next season on loan if possible - you never know!!!

;)

I'm up for belting out La Marseillaise on Saturday!

I think we can do this...

1) Lets turn the floodlight structures into mini Eifel Towers
2) Rename Victoria Ave as Champs Ellesse
3) All wear Onions instead of scarfs.

My Spurs supporting mate, reckons he hasnt got a chance of making the 1st team under Harry - not his sort of player, so you never know.....

Dervitte is a quality player but he hasn't got a chance of being a first team regular at spurs and regular is the key word ie playing almost every game. Spurs who are among the big spenders in the premiership will go and buy a centre half. I really do hope he will sign because he has been a big part in our recent run.

We have 3 French players for Gawds sake, we really ought to be making something of this! Come on TBV, let's have some French flags dotted around - Smiffy?????!!!!

We have 3 French players for Gawds sake, we really ought to be making something of this! Come on TBV, let's have some French flags dotted around - Smiffy?????!!!!

What a great call.I shall be bringing some brie and a stick of French Bread to Saturdays game. Vivla Dervitte (and Laurent and Jeff)

Back