• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannyboy25

First XI
Just wanted to get peoples views on how Dickinson performed last night !!

I thought he generally did ok, looks mobile enough and looks to have good feet, was surprised how much work rate he got through being his first full game with us.
I believe against weaker opposisition( league2) he may well turn out to be a good signing

thoughts and views??

for someone so tall he is awful with his head, but has good feet and i think he will do well

Worked very hard but for me didn't win enough in the air.

Early days and he is still short of full match fitness.

Works hard and should do well in league 2. Not sure if it's because he isn't fully fit but if his penalty is anything to go by he isn't going to score many, but as a supporting striker he should be good
EDIT: Having seen the replay Dickinson's penalty wasn't as bad as it first looked, just a poor height

Works hard and should do well in league 2. Not sure if it's because he isn't fully fit but if his penalty is anything to go by he isn't going to score many, but as a supporting striker he should be good

It would be unfair to judge his goalscoring ability on the back of one penalty.... he had a decent enough record with Stockport at this level so that shows he can score a few if he can keep himself fit.

It would be unfair to judge his goalscoring ability on the back of one penalty.... he had a decent enough record with Stockport at this level so that shows he can score a few if he can keep himself fit.
Not really seen him have a shot yet (except the massive deflection onto the crossbar,) then again Harris was a lot worse than Dickinson yesterday, so maybe I shouldn't be too harsh. And I don't really want to look at past clubs because after Stockport his goalscoring record has been poor, his last goal was over a year ago

He looks a top, top player.

Absolute nightmare to defend against as can beat defenders on the ground and in the air. Has strength, skill and composure. About the only thing he appears to lack is fitness.

I'm seriously impressed and can't understand why more people haven't been raving about his pedigree and potential.

Thought he looked full of potential. Causes real problems for the defence but if he attacked the ball like Bilel he would be really dangerous. Seems to think that he doesn't need to junp as he is tall to start with.

Yea, I was very impressed too and as Yorkshire says, you dont earn the moves he has by being gash.

Just needs to settle somewhere and hopefully under PS it will be here.

But almost perfect target man - can hit him high and he did head it well (I thought) and low as he has 'great feet for a big man'.

Once fully match fit, I'm sure we'll see him in more goal scoring positions, but he did everything but score yesterday and worked really hard, so couldnt ask for much more.

Penalty was unlucky - if the keeper goes the other way then it looks good. Was hit well enough but a nice height was probably the only thing wrong with it.

Don't get the stick of Dickinson in the air.

You aren't going to win every header and far more of his headers went to team-mates than Mohsni's did on Saturday. He positions himself so he can either flick it on or bring it down, he makes it hard for the defender and he draws his share of free-kicks. What more do people want?

Don't get the stick of Dickinson in the air.

You aren't going to win every header and far more of his headers went to team-mates than Mohsni's did on Saturday. He positions himself so he can either flick it on or bring it down, he makes it hard for the defender and he draws his share of free-kicks. What more do people want?

The moon on a stick!

I thought he was decent in the air too, number of times he won his flick on but Harris was the other side of him. That'll come with match time together.

Seemed to win the header ok that he looped over the keeper for a near goal and at 6'3"+ defenders are always going to be wary of him.

He looks to have good feet and gets into good positions. Admittedly we were last night playing against a better opposition than we will most of this season but in this div he could be a handful. He played last night for the full 120 minutes so he can't be that far from full fitness. Could be a good partner for Harris or Bazza.

Definately has the potential to do very well at this level. However, I was quite frustrated about how many headers he didn't win, his a big guy but his feet never seemed to leave the ground and it always annoys me when forwards to challenge for a header. A few changes to his game though and I can see him being a very good player.

I thought he played very well last night. As people have said you can see the potential there. I'm pretty confident once he gets his full fitness he'll cause defenders plenty of problems in this division. And score goals.

I was amazed at how long he stayed on last night though considering he's had next to nothing of a pre season and a couple of minutes against Hereford! He looked very tired come the end last night i'd have pulled him off after 90.

I thought he played very well last night. As people have said you can see the potential there. I'm pretty confident once he gets his full fitness he'll cause defenders plenty of problems in this division. And score goals.

I was amazed at how long he stayed on last night though considering he's had next to nothing of a pre season and a couple of minutes against Hereford! He looked very tired come the end last night i'd have pulled him off after 90.

Yeah i think that says a lot more about PS's lack of faith in players such as Harry Crawford than it does about Dickinson.

He obviously thought a knackered Dickinson would be more of a threat than Harry.

I thought first half he looked pretty poor last night. He conceded posession a lot, and he did miss a lot of headers, either not jumping or jumping too early. But in the second half he looked really good, a different player almost. He was confident, strong on the ball, linked up with the midfield well, and prove a goal threat as well, unlucky with only a great save by the Orient keeper and a goal line clearance denying him his maiden Blues goal.

Looks to have bags of ability and potential to do well at this level.

Yeah i think that says a lot more about PS's lack of faith in players such as Harry Crawford than it does about Dickinson.

He obviously thought a knackered Dickinson would be more of a threat than Harry.

Very true, which I also don't understand but I could rant about that in another thread! Plus, Harry's pretty good from the spot too...

Thought he was your best player last night. He's a handful, and provided a physical presence in the air even when he wasn't winning headers. Get him fit and his head screwed on right and he'll score plenty of goals this season.

Back