• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did anyone else see.....

Matt Harrold duck in literally our last attack of the game. There was a goal mouth scramble and the ball seemed somehow to come towards him and he ducked rather than nodding it in. I think he was on his knees or something like that at the time can't remember to be exact.

I'm not trying to make this into a harrold bashing thread but just can't understand it. I'm by no way a harrold fan and i don't really think unless you were in south upper you would have even noticed this.

Did he get a call from someone or what. did he bottle it? I just don't know but he deffinately ducked. everyone around coudln't believe it either.

Matt Harrold duck in literally our last attack of the game. There was a goal mouth scramble and the ball seemed somehow to come towards him and he ducked rather than nodding it in. I think he was on his knees or something like that at the time can't remember to be exact.

I'm not trying to make this into a harrold bashing thread but just can't understand it. I'm by no way a harrold fan and i don't really think unless you were in south upper you would have even noticed this.

Did he get a call from someone or what. did he bottle it? I just don't know but he deffinately ducked. everyone around coudln't believe it either.

Yep i saw that too. also, did you see how he didn't even bother getting into the box to defend either of their set pieces that they scored from unmarked? pathetic player. worse than fitzpatrick.

still, lest you forget that another blues player ducked well out of the way of the said cross. anyone would think someone behind might have called for it. but of course, only harold deserves slating for it. well done.

Last edited:
Yep i saw that too. also, did you see how he didn't even bother getting into the box to defend either of their set pieces that they scored from unmarked? pathetic player. worse than fitzpatrick.

still, lest you forget that another blues player ducked well out of the way of the said cross. anyone would think someone behind might have called for it. but of course, only harold deserves slating for it. well done.

What? Harrold wasn't even on the pitch when they scored! For Christ's Sake, blame him when he is at fault but he didn't come on as sub until we were 2-1 down. Take off the blinkers and put on your glasses. :thump:

Did anyone see the ref wink at their keeper everytime he gave them a goal-kick when it should have been a corner? Most obviously noted in the second half.

I just hope that the "fans" that booed Harrold onto the pitch are happy with their contribution to the game.

I just hope that the "fans" that booed Harrold onto the pitch are happy with their contribution to the game.

No, i'm not happy....................

I dont think he heard me.

I was glad Harrold was brought on even if we didnt do much when he arrived. Eric looks ok in glimpses but looks out of his depth.

Cant believe the original poster has thought one "ducking" incident warrants a new thread....

Harrold is ****e WHAT MUST WE DO GET BEHIND HIM AND LET HIM FEEL THAT HIS GAME PLAY IS TO OUR LIKING?

because to me he is a waste of space, fair enough the lad trys but he just don't cut the mustard!

So with Paynter scoring well at Swindon doesn't it occur to anyone that the reception he got from the boo boys was part of the reason he didn't do well for us?
Yes we should get behind Harrold and stop booing him. Yes he does try hard and he is a big physical presence up front. I think we should have started with him on Saturday and worn out their defence with him before giving Erik a run.

Lets be honest I dont think Harold is all that but its not going to help if he gets booed coming on to the pitch.

but the fact remains,we went on a good run with Harrold and Clarke up front, so why not try it again? If Harrold is on the pitch he will put himself about more than Clarke so will attract the attention of the biggest defender, giving Clarke more space, something which he didnt have on Satruday.
Its a team game, lets get the best team playing, not just the best individuals.

but the fact remains,we went on a good run with Harrold and Clarke up front, so why not try it again? If Harrold is on the pitch he will put himself about more than Clarke so will attract the attention of the biggest defender, giving Clarke more space, something which he didnt have on Satruday.
Its a team game, lets get the best team playing, not just the best individuals.
YES! Well said. I'm fed up with people judging the players as individuals rather than by their contribution to the team. Harrold may not score very often but that's not his only purpose on the pitch. He is the one to take the flack from the defence and tackle for the ball. It was obvious on Saturday that Erik bottled the physical tackle, so the defence stoppped worrying about him.

Back