• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
..I certainly don't think so ! For me it wasn't for lack of effort and we didn't lose.

maybe was a culmination of frustrations from this game and the last home game (AFC Wimbledon)

its a case of the chicken and the egg though. the booing wont help the players to be positive and confident, and in turn they are less likely to put in a decent performance knowing they are under pressure to perform. this then leads to booing...

..I certainly don't think so ! For me it wasn't for lack of effort and we didn't lose.

Rubbish, total tosh in the second half against a side at the bottom struggling for form, after the first 45 mins you could only see one team winning ....then they come out and play a 45 mins which was just not acceptable and we were lucky to hold on for a single point

Unless they were booing the ref. In which case, fully deserved :winking:

That is how I saw it, I didn't boo myself but there had been plenty of animosity towards the ref throughout the 2nd half and I definitely felt people were booing him.

Yes, that second half performance fell well below what is acceptable. Have the players been paid? Did Brown lose the dressing room when he subbed Payne? Did someone put sleeping pills in their half-time drinks?

That was as bad a 45/53 minutes as we've seen since the end of the Tilly era and I can't even see any mitigating reasons to excuse it. We just disentgrated for no discernable reason.

It's not even as if it was in the face of any pressure. Oxford were dire, they had no confidence, they had three players limp off injured - yet did we create a single chance second half? We got worse with every substitution. Our shape dissolved and we looked clueless.

Players like Clifford, who had a decent first half, fell to pieces - his defending for their goal was shocking. Corr came on and had his worst game for us. Hurst came on and barely touched the ball.

Oxford were there for the taking but we gave up.

Let's hope that second half is just an one-off and the team reacts the right way and plays more like the first half and that Brown hasn't lost the dressing room.

I assumed it was the ref getting the boo's , reckon he assumed the same after all he deserved them

Last edited:
Yes, that second half performance fell well below what is acceptable. Have the players been paid? Did Brown lose the dressing room when he subbed Payne? Did someone put sleeping pills in their half-time drinks?

That was as bad a 45/53 minutes as we've seen since the end of the Tilly era and I can't even see any mitigating reasons to excuse it. We just disentgrated for no discernable reason.

It's not even as if it was in the face of any pressure. Oxford were dire, they had no confidence, they had three players limp off injured - yet did we create a single chance second half? We got worse with every substitution. Our shape dissolved and we looked clueless.

Players like Clifford, who had a decent first half, fell to pieces - his defending for their goal was shocking. Corr came on and had his worst game for us. Hurst came on and barely touched the ball.

Oxford were there for the taking but we gave up.

Let's hope that second half is just an one-off and the team reacts the right way and plays more like the first half and that Brown hasn't lost the dressing room.

Agree with all this. It's such a cliché but it really was a game of two halves.

I think we did enough in the first half to win the game, but in the second half we never came out, we need to make oppositions goalkeepers work more by getting shots in on goal, we didn't do that second half but we weren't as poor as deserved the boo's, I think they were more for the ref as that was a very poor performance by him and a lot of people let him know that during the game including me:smile:

I personally never boo but they deserved it as thought they were poor in second half. Too many just looked uninterested or out if sorts for some reason???? Don't mind if we try our best and get outplayed by a better team but oxford were there for the taking. The only one who looked like he was up for it was Payne!!

i would as a distant supporter ,hope that no SUFC supporter would boo any person wearing a SUFC shirt and playing,if any did then no matter how bad we played ,that person in my mind is not a true supporter of the club i love.

i would as a distant supporter ,hope that no SUFC supporter would boo any person wearing a SUFC shirt and playing,if any did then no matter how bad we played ,that person in my mind is not a true supporter of the club i love.

Agree with that totally. Have never bood the team, maybe once called Mohsni a nincompoop though?

Back