• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didnt think I needed to panic!

Winkle

Manager
Went down the ticket office today to renew my sons season ticket and apply for mine and my daughters........ oh dear! All but 2,or 3 seats left, nothing together in the R.B.S and as it is nearly a sell out, no tickets available on match days! Im Donald Ducked for the family enclosure, so can anyone reccomend anything in the west stand where lets say, the language is a tad easy on a nine year olds ears!

To be honest I don't think the langauge is particularly bad anywhere in the West (maybe in the very end block), I think rather you may just be unlucky and get a seat near someone who swears a lot.
Saying that last game of the season I sat in the block next to the family stand and it was full of kids and the langauge was fine. (May have been because it was the last game of the season and not the norm though)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ May 22 2006,19:55)]Went down the ticket office today to renew my sons season ticket and apply for mine and my daughters........ oh dear! All but 2,or 3 seats left, nothing together in the R.B.S and as it is nearly a sell out, no tickets available on match days! Im Donald Ducked for the family enclosure, so can anyone reccomend anything in the west stand where lets say, the language is a tad easy on a nine year olds ears!
The RBS was sold out for most games from about November onwards last season. Out of about 750 seats 600 were already sold to season ticket holders.

I know its not perfect but what about the South Lower? adult & kid season ticket same price as RBS which is £320 + £40 for the extra kids ticket. To get the same three season tickets in the West Stand is going to cost you £760. If money is not a problem then go for the West Stand but you can save £400 by sitting in the South Lower. The choice is yours.

If you are getting one in the west, block w is a definate no no and so is block v. I'd stay away from block u as it is still near to the more 'rougher' end so anywhere from block t downwards i think

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ May 22 2006,20:13)] 

I know its not perfect but what about the South Lower? adult & kid season ticket same price as RBS which is £320 + £40 for the extra kids ticket.
Asked about S. upper, Nearly sold out as well, there are no two seats together available! S lower, is a no no for me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ May 22 2006,20:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up the Shrimps @ May 22 2006,20:13)] 

I know its not perfect but what about the South Lower? adult & kid season ticket same price as RBS which is £320 + £40 for the extra kids ticket.
Asked about S. upper, Nearly sold out as well, there are no two seats together available!
I wouldn't leave it too long before deciding even for the West Stand, because that's they only place left for the people that won't get their requested seats in the East or South Upper.

I bet most of the 'good' seats in the West Have already been taken up by new season ticket holders.

Having spent a lot of time in each stand other than the South Upper, I'd always go West over S. Lower. It might cost more but if you can afford it, the view of the match will be much better even with the pillars in the way. As mentioned, the further South you are in the West the better. I imagine that with the club using more of the North West corner, a lot of the bad language will follow it. I used to sit in blocks S and T a lot and I can never remember excessive bad language being a problem there.

Back