• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Firestorm

Pedant
With these best player, Under rated player type threads ?

Not knocking the threads or posters in any way here but I am having problems in making decisions due to the extreme differences in the standards of football I have seen. I have seen games where we have gone top of what is now the championship and bottom of Div 4 (div 3 or league two whatever you want to call it) That is one hell of a gap in class.

I mean, Ron Pountney was a great player for us but never played higher than Div 3 (old) . I thought Mark Hone was absolute poo but we were in the Championship (equivalent) then , how would I have viewed him in a Div 4 side ?
I suppose if we were to be logical all our "crap" players would have been from 86 ish and a couple of years ago, whilst our best would have been with us between 91 and 95. but I know it aint going to work that way.

Will Freddy be the first one to have excelled for us in all three of the divisions we have ever played in ? or was it Spencer Prior and Sammy ?

This is a very good point and one I subscribe to. That's why I usually have my best players XI coming from the 90-95 era (apart from Colin Morris - but that's because he was my favourite player when I was six and you always have a soft spot for your favourite player when you were six). Of today's team I'd probably add Flahavan and Eastwood to the mix. Need to see a bit more of Francis before he replaces Austin.

The worst XI shouldn't really include anyone from 90-95 as you say. They could have been our best player at a lower level. For an example of this follow the Southend career of Julian Hails.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flashing Blade @ Aug. 11 2006,14:28)]This is a very good point and one I subscribe to. That's why I usually have my best players XI coming from the 90-95 era (apart from Colin Morris - but that's because he was my favourite player when I was six and you always have a soft spot for your favourite player when you were six). Of today's team I'd probably add Flahavan and Eastwood to the mix. Need to see a bit more of Francis before he replaces Austin.

The worst XI shouldn't really include anyone from 90-95 as you say. They could have been our best player at a lower level. For an example of this follow the Southend career of Julian Hails.
I think Keith Dublin was cack in three divisions.

In fact once we dropped down he found it harder to get a game!

Back