• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do I celebrate?

Mighty Shrimper

Manager
I couldnt get tickets in our end for the game tomorrow so i'm sitting in the Chelsea end with my dad. Now, IF we manage to get a goal tomorrow, i'm going to be over the moon and want to jump around like a loony but should I do this or not?

Personally being a natural born coward I would clench my fists in my pockets & grin inwardly whilst trying not to let out a squeal of delight. However, you always see it particularly at bigger games where its hard to get tickets in the right part of the ground, and I assume those brave (or stupid) souls usually escape with their lives..

Reminds me of the infamous Charlton game at The Valley under Peter Taylor, when we came back from 0-3 down to level at 3-3 only to lose in the last minute (Pardew I believe?), I took my father in law who is an avid Addick, & he sat with us in the middle of the away end. He controlled his delight admirably as they went 3 up (much to my relief), then again controlled his depression as we came back. But it was all too much for him when they scored the winner & he lept like a salmon out of his seat, fists punching the air & generally went beserk. He didn't seem to care but I wanted the ground to swallow us up.. No one said anything which I hope says good things about us Shrimpers!

Apart from getting battered you'll also be kicked out of the ground I'd imagine.

I think the problem won't arise but a friend told me that one of his son's friends who is an Arsenal fan and went into the shed end for the Chelsea v Arsenal game and said "yes" when Arsenal scored was well battered for his efforts and had to be ejected for his own safety by stewards.
The more likely scenario is what do you do when Chelsea score. If you don't get out of your seat and cheer you've given the game away. And then what?
I'm hoping for 4-0 respectability. If we score I'll be jubilant.

I couldnt get tickets in our end for the game tomorrow so i'm sitting in the Chelsea end with my dad. Now, IF we manage to get a goal tomorrow, i'm going to be over the moon and want to jump around like a loony but should I do this or not?

I would cheer my heart out if I was in your seat and we scored...sod the toffee nosed londoners...support your team 100% and sod the consequences!!

I went to Chelsea vs Scunthorpe four years ago. When Scunthorpe took an early lead a couple of their fans in the home end celebrated and duly had the living daylights kicked out of them.

Whats the done thing with corporate seats? In theory, they're neutral / crap... right? So no-ones going to mind a bit of cheering from up there?

Whats the done thing with corporate seats? In theory, they're neutral / crap... right? So no-ones going to mind a bit of cheering from up there?

They might spit out their prawn sandwiches if we score (that's if they're actually watching the game and not "networking" with Tarquin and Amanda from HBOS who are, like, just crazy!)

They might spit out their prawn sandwiches if we score (that's if they're actually watching the game and not "networking" with Tarquin and Amanda from HBOS who are, like, just crazy!)

I am dreading sit up there I have to say. But if its do that for free or not see the game at all, then I know what I'm doing...

I am dreading sit up there I have to say. But if its do that for free or not see the game at all, then I know what I'm doing...

Oh mate, completely agree. Make sure you drink lots of Tarquin's champers that daddy bought him :D

Problem is it doesn't matter if that catch the beggars once they've knocked all your front teeth out! :)

I wouldn't let that happen. I remember being in the South Upper quite a few years ago playing Millwall and about 5 or 6 of the neanderthals got in there. After about half hour of taunting I had enough and told them to Feck off to which they kicked off. I stood my ground punch for punch and the stewards had them out fairly quickly.

Don't back down and you will get some respect!

Yep, celebrate, then adopt a puzzled look and say (loudly) in a very foreign accent "Oh! Are not the Chelsea in the shirts of yellow? I cannot my programme understand!".

Problem solved.

Don't back down and you will get some respect!...

...along with a free pass out of the ground. Is that what you'd really want? To miss the rest of the game just so you could gain some 'respect' from some morons you don't know, don't care about or will ever see again?

Priority has to be to see the whole match, right?

Back