• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do I celebrate?

...along with a free pass out of the ground. Is that what you'd really want? To miss the rest of the game just so you could gain some 'respect' from some morons you don't know, don't care about or will ever see again?

Priority has to be to see the whole match, right?

I got kicked out at Orient but tbh I was just glad I was able to walk out of there after being thrown down the stairs! Not something I would ever do again thats for sure.

It's got to be a sit on hands job hasn't it? Seeing as you're not supposed to be in the Chelsea end, silence is surely the best policy.

I actually sat with the Chelsea fans a few years ago when my Spanish team Real Betis played them in the Champions League. Alas, Betis didn't give me any reason to cheer but on each of the four occasions Chelsea scored I stood up with the rest of them but didn't utter a word.

I would say no.

I understand why people want to see this game and are prepared to go in the home end, but Chelsea fans (whatever you think of them) are missing out so they can be there. I'm not getting any more upset about that than the next person but let's try to show some basic respect about it - it's no better for us to rub it in their faces than it would have been for the Manure fans in the home stands a couple of years ago to start giving it, had the chance presented itself.

Can't you just sit and do the "oh well played" thing, clapping, like in tennis if Chelsea score? I'd keep sat on your hands when we do though - just do a "yessssss!" through gritted teeth and with discretely clenched hands!

Can't you just sit and do the "oh well played" thing, clapping, like in tennis if Chelsea score? I'd keep sat on your hands when we do though - just do a "yessssss!" through gritted teeth and with discretely clenched hands!

A Barnsley mate of mine managed that at Anfield in 1997 when they won 1-0 up there. A load of us from uni went up to watch the game (mostly Liverpool fans, but I fancied a trip to Anfield too) and how Dan controlled his emotions I'll never know!

I personally wouldnt celebrate but just make sure you dont walk into the chelsea end wearing your southend united top, it will give you away just a bit.

I couldnt get tickets in our end for the game tomorrow so i'm sitting in the Chelsea end with my dad. Now, IF we manage to get a goal tomorrow, i'm going to be over the moon and want to jump around like a loony but should I do this or not?

I think this is a hypothetical question, if ever I've seen one.

IF we score it wont be a matter of thinking **** should i celebrate you will celebrate if we score a goal at the bridge southend united the team you love and your just going to sit there wont happen mate

Was in the Colu home seats on Easter Monday 1990 when we beat them to virtaully put them out of the league. There were 6 of us and we all cheered like mad when we scored and nothing happened. Much to our disappointment as we were more than up for it then!!!

I am in the Home seats tomorrow, don't think I want to fight the chelsea nutters I am too old for that but if we get the winner in the last minute I might just forget where I am.

So how did you fare? Manage to keep yourself calm or are you still fighting them off?

I went ****ing nuts! As did several people around me. I reckon the split was 30% Sufc fans, 30% Chelski and the rest didn't give a toss. I hugged a few strangers, got a few "Well done"s from the Chelski crew and generally had a great time. I'd have preferred to have been in the Shed End, but when the goal went in I couldn't have cared a less.

It was brilliant... And loads of us Shrimpers enjoyed it as we had every right to

I went ****ing nuts! As did several people around me. I reckon the split was 30% Sufc fans, 30% Chelski and the rest didn't give a toss. I hugged a few strangers, got a few "Well done"s from the Chelski crew and generally had a great time. I'd have preferred to have been in the Shed End, but when the goal went in I couldn't have cared a less.

It was brilliant... And loads of us Shrimpers enjoyed it as we had every right to

Glad to hear it.
From the sounds of it on the radio all the fans sung their hearts out.

i was in the East Stand upper, seat was right next to the 'no-mans-land' dividing the two sets of fans - surrounded by Chelsea apart from my 3 compatriots and we clapped politely for the Chelsea goal, but couldn't contain our delight, clapping and punching the air when we got the equaliser, must to the pleasure of Southend fans in the shed end who pointed at us and cheered with us - the final whistle saw us cheering like loonies, as well as revealing our Southend shirts proudly to all and sundry

;)

Al

I could not help myslelf when we scored!!! But to be fair I reckon there was quite alot of southend fans around me that also could not contain there delight!

You shrimpers done us proud today, I just wish I could of joined in with the chants etc!

Yyyyeeellloooowwwwssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe what happened today! The stuff dreams are made of. I'm not ashamed to admit that i was welling up abit when we scored. Me, my dad and my young brother went mad, hugging eachother and wasnt able to control our delight that we'd scored. We were down the other end from our fans right in Chelsea teritory but we couldnt hold it in. It wasnt welcomed though and we did get a fair bit of abuse all around us, alot of dodgy people sitting around us didnt like it one bit but it didnt kick off and even if it had, i'd have happily taken a beating for the boys today who did us proud!

I thought there was a lot of sportsmanship from the Chelsea fans who had stayed behind to applaud the Southend team off. Now, having seen this thread, I wonder how many of those were really Southend supporters?

I was in the Shed End Upper today and I sung my heart out for the whole match! When we scored our goal I went absalutely mental and nearly tripped over the seat in front of me!!! I have never cheered so loudly in my life when we scored! My throat is still hurting from that match! Credit to every single Southend Supporter that was in attendance today, you really were amazing!

Guy told me to shut up in the fast half as I was winding him up, as I had been to plenty of Chelsea matches back in the 80's I asked him to name some Chelsea players form the 80's he shut up. Sadly he had gone when we scored, I jumped up along with some other Southend fans around us. Great day now for the Replay

Was in the Colu home seats on Easter Monday 1990 when we beat them to virtaully put them out of the league. There were 6 of us and we all cheered like mad when we scored and nothing happened. Much to our disappointment as we were more than up for it then!!!

I am in the Home seats tomorrow, don't think I want to fight the chelsea nutters I am too old for that but if we get the winner in the last minute I might just forget where I am.

Good job it was just the equaliser.....

I thought there was a lot of sportsmanship from the Chelsea fans who had stayed behind to applaud the Southend team off. Now, having seen this thread, I wonder how many of those were really Southend supporters?

hard to say exactly how many of us were in the Chelsea areas, but it was a hell of a lot

Al

Back