• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you enjoy your job?

Job love

• Total voters
Love mine.

Love helping people achieve their financial goals, like building relationships with people, love "business" in general.

Strangely enough despite the constant pressure and the flack that I take I regard myself as a very fortunate person as I actually do love my job and I work with some fantastic people and manage some utterly brilliant staff who deliver care under extreme constraints. Unfortunately, today was not a good day with people making various comments and demands and some just being down right rude and abusive - which I will not tolerate under any circumstances.
I have some decisions to make in the next year/eighteen months as I can retire at 55 and at the moment I don't feel ready to

Are you a chef by any chance :winking:

Never burn your bridges. It's a small world.

So true. This week, my new job took me back to my old office. Felt a bit odd being back there (having done 14 years at the place!) but fortunately no ill feelings.

Ish. Good thing I didn't see that **** ***** ******

Work in Market Research, which is basically the most incestuous industry ever.

Never, ever, ever say a bad word about anybody. I started mentioning a woman who interviewed me for a job years ago. Got offered the job, but turned it down on the grounds that 1) my current employer offered more and 2) I knew deep down we wouldn't get on.

Lo and behold, it turns out someone I work with is her bloody husband! I found that out from a boss who reminded me just how tight knit the industry is...

I'm enjoying my work again for the first time in years. Recently changed job as a Social Worker mainly dealing with crisis situations in Adult Social Care to SW working with Deaf people and I don't get anything like the difficult phone calls I used to as the "customers" don't generally use the 'phone, except for texting. Happy days.

Last edited:
I enjoy huge parts of my job, but some of it really stressful and some of it dull. On balance, I still enjoy teaching 10 years in. I always looking at different ways to make a few quid though to top me up though!

I'm enjoying my work again for the first time in years. Recently changed job as a Social Worker mainly dealing with crisis situations in Adult Social Care to SW working with Deaf people and I don't get anything like the difficult phone calls I used to as the "customers" don't generally use the 'phone Happy days.

Rob, you should see what they are doing with the old Runwell site.

I love my job but the NHS are as tight as a ducks arse.....

I dont do it for the cash..

I ****ing detest my job. It is boring, repetitive & most of the people who work there are backstabbing pieces of ****. The money is not wonderful but okay(ish) and about the only really good thing is that I have to only work three days a week now.

i have dreams and fantasies of either telling my useless boss exactly what to do with his job and walking out or running amok through the department with an automatic sub machine gun, whatever comes sooner. Only joking about the sub machine gun if the plod read this :winking:

I ****ing detest my job. It is boring, repetitive & most of the people who work there are backstabbing pieces of ****. The money is not wonderful but okay(ish) and about the only really good thing is that I have to only work three days a week now.

i have dreams and fantasies of either telling my useless boss exactly what to do with his job and walking out or running amok through the department with an automatic sub machine gun, whatever comes sooner. Only joking about the sub machine gun if the plod read this :winking:

So what is this great job that we all want now?

Work in Manufacturing, responsible for the daily schedule in the Plant. Previously had more than 25 years experience of being Works/Production Manager in Printing.
Always clashing with 'them upstairs', all from IT backgrounds, and never been on a 'Shop floor' in their lives. All obsessed with Graphs, Logistics & statistics.
Hav'nt a clue about man management or motivation, and how a Production Plant actually works. Downtime due to various reasons, is a word not in their vocabulary.
And before anyone suggests it, yes i'm looking for a new role!.

I am considering a new role when my contract expires in September.

I quite fancy something public sector.

I am considering a new role when my contract expires in September.

I quite fancy something public sector.

Your Mad Cyril but you'd need to be much more mad to go into the public sector. Just how mad are you prepared to be, eh?

Your Mad Cyril but you'd need to be much more mad to go into the public sector. Just how mad are you prepared to be, eh?

I didn't say which public sector.

If North Korea or Iran can provide suitable compensation I'm in.

I didn't say which public sector.

If North Korea or Iran can provide suitable compensation I'm in.

Isis are looking for public sector workers for the caliphate. Fringe benefits are quite generous, you don't have to shave and you get a gun. You also get to destroy historical monuments, I hear it butters many parsnips. Maybe your mad enough after all.

Back