• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you want Bentley called up by England u21s?

• Total voters
Next two England under 21 games are away to Lithuania & Moldova not easy places to get to.
Plus what are the chances even if he is picked, he would just be on the bench?

Not too difficult to get to at all. If he was only on the bench then that's a chance I would have to take. Anyway, I like a trip to distant lands.

Though it potentially weakens us, this is a great opportunity for Dan (if he gets picked) so why would anyway want to deny him that!!!

Plus surely that would stick some more naughts on his value :happy:

Based on this article it seems Gareth Southgate in unlikely to pick anyone that hasn't already played:

The FA

It also says the squad will be announced tomorrow...

having a southend keeper at u21 experience is a huge credit to rd and it would put his price up so its big yes

There is a chance he might not even be a Southend player by the time he gets called up for the Under 21's.

I think Bentley has his head screwed on, comes across as very mature and someone who wouldn't be influenced by this.
Thats a very interesting comment as it shows how bias we all are.

a counter argument is that 'someone with their head screwed on' would realise the opportunity to be signed by a big club and work their way to the first team , maybe via loans back to other clubs. I dont think there is a right/wrong but it isn't clear cut

Back