• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
On the coach home Tuesday night I was talking to a young lad who was 16 and he was saying he would love to go Saturday but had nobody to go with, so I told him book the coach for Saturday and I will stick with him for the day and give him a lift home to his nans after the game when the coach drops us off.

Nothing to shout about really but that's an extra supporter now for Saturday that's another voice to get behind the team, I guess the point of my post is if you can help or entice a fellow shrimper to go you should! even if it just means another 50 people show up or just 1 its worth it and the good feeling and sense of well being that you have helped one of our own out!

UTB

On the coach home Tuesday night I was talking to a young lad who was 16 and he was saying he would love to go Saturday but had nobody to go with, so I told him book the coach for Saturday and I will stick with him for the day and give him a lift home to his nans after the game when the coach drops us off.

Nothing to shout about really but that's an extra supporter now for Saturday that's another voice to get behind the team, I guess the point of my post is if you can help or entice a fellow shrimper to go you should! even if it just means another 50 people show up or just 1 its worth it and the good feeling and sense of well being that you have helped one of our own out!

UTB

Tried this a few times past two years, it is more effort to get someone to come over from Surrey, but the likes of Alder**** away last season and the football on display, seemed to put them off rather than entice them in.

Tried this a few times past two years, it is more effort to get someone to come over from Surrey, but the likes of Alder**** away last season and the football on display, seemed to put them off rather than entice them in.

Aldersh*t away last season was enough to put anyone off the game for life! Bloody cheats!

Aldersh*t away last season was enough to put anyone off the game for life! Bloody cheats!

Unfortunately I took them to the re-arranged match which was shockingly bad, and considering we were top of the league at the time I think I put them off league 2 football for life.

UTB

Last season I started bringing a friend to home (and a couple of away) games... within a couple of months he was hooked. This year he's got a season ticket with me in the North Bank, it's good to know that bringing someone along to a few games can make a Shrimper out of them.

I'm in a similar situation as the lad you mentioned, would love to be an away game regular but it's rare that I'm able to go. Loved it today at Northampton and loved every away game I've been to, maybe the next step is to convince my mates to let me drag them up and down the country more often!

I took a fair few mates to a number of games last season,

The Aldershot fixture both the abandoned and defeat - they wont go there again
Afc Wombles away werent a bad day out and a nice win
Crawley at home great crack in the north bank the lads loved it

I converted two of my best mates into Southend fans. One was an arsenal fan and the other a man united fan. I took them to games. Now while I'm in afghan they have been taking their brothers and mates to games without me going with them.

We should pick a couple of games a year that we know are low attendance and try and increase it by bringing friends, family, wives, kids to the game.

Its hard enough to entice myself to RH these days and i've only missed one home game in the last 16 years :blush:

Back