• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

Tomorrow we will be filming in the Blue Boar between 10am and 2pm

Any fans that wish to take part, drop us a message!

Ron Martin has said he will be available for an interview in 3 months time.
Will you be interviewing him when he’s available?

Today, we approached the football club by TL (who turned down interview) we will be offering him a right of reply to everything said by other people in the interview.

We also spoke to Ron Martin on the telephone. Ron said he would not be able to do an interview until 2 - 3 months time at which the club would be in a positive light. This call was filmed, but will not be shared or used as part of the documentary. I will comment on some of the sound bits from it though.

RM stated the stadium build was back out under tender and tenders are due on 27th January.

RM confirmed phase 1 (new training pitches) are complete and allow the club to move over in the summer which will allow the rest of the site work to commence.

A sub point to this is, if this is the only reason we're waiting to commence the project, why are we not at another training facility somewhere to just crack on?

RM stated he would be prepared to do an interview in 2-3 months time. The documentary will be out across social channels with 7M followers well before this time.

We have today interviewed ex playing staff, ex club employees, a current club employee who we have disguised there identity and fans. Tomorrow we will be interviewing more fans. Between 10am and 2pm.

If you're free to be involved, please do reach out.

We will be interviewing club sponsors and 2 confirmed people / businesses the club owe month too also.

Today, we approached the football club by TL (who turned down interview) we will be offering him a right of reply to everything said by other people in the interview.

We also spoke to Ron Martin on the telephone. Ron said he would not be able to do an interview until 2 - 3 months time at which the club would be in a positive light. This call was filmed, but will not be shared or used as part of the documentary. I will comment on some of the sound bits from it though.

RM stated the stadium build was back out under tender and tenders are due on 27th January.

RM confirmed phase 1 (new training pitches) are complete and allow the club to move over in the summer which will allow the rest of the site work to commence.

A sub point to this is, if this is the only reason we're waiting to commence the project, why are we not at another training facility somewhere to just crack on?

RM stated he would be prepared to do an interview in 2-3 months time. The documentary will be out across social channels with 7M followers well before this time.

We have today interviewed ex playing staff, ex club employees, a current club employee who we have disguised there identity and fans. Tomorrow we will be interviewing more fans. Between 10am and 2pm.

We will be interviewing club sponsors and 2 confirmed people / businesses the club owe month too also.
@CRATE Who is paying for the documentary out of interest? The makers of it for social media? or an individual?

Last edited by a moderator:
This has already been covered in another thread. The planning permission does not allow this. The council has made some very good conditions to make sure that the demolition of both B&L and Roots Hall does not take place until there is replacement of B&L and the stadium is built to at least the current capacity of Roots Hall.

Re

It is a condition of the planning permission that the club must move to the new training ground at Fossets not elsewhere.

Edit: someone got there before me!

I am sure the players move to new training ground in April?! Or they still have the building (an base for players to do gym training, changing room & dinning hall) to complete?

I'm beginning to think there are just too many threads and people are getting confused. The club have 2 planning applications in, one to Rochford council for temporary buildings at the new training ground and one to Southend council to use the East stand for the gym and other rooms lost when B&L is demolished.

I am sure the players move to new training ground in April?! Or they still have the building (an base for players to do gym training, changing room & dinning hall) to complete?
At the Trust AGM TL and KM both said that its unlikely the team would move to the new training pitches until pre season as Kev didnt want there to be any disruption to routines etc. They also said that initially there would be portacabins for the team to change in but shower facilities would need to be used at RH where the Gym and catering will also be located until built at the new training site

This has already been covered in another thread. The planning permission does not allow this. The council has made some very good conditions to make sure that the demolition of both B&L and Roots Hall does not take place until there is replacement of B&L and the stadium is built to at least the current capacity of Roots Hall.

It's like people just ignore facts because it doesn't suit their opinion

At the Trust AGM TL and KM both said that its unlikely the team would move to the new training pitches until pre season as Kev didnt want there to be any disruption to routines etc. They also said that initially there would be portacabins for the team to change in but shower facilities would need to be used at RH where the Gym and catering will also be located until built at the new training site
As we’re without a league win since 12 Nov it may be a good time to change routines.

We also spoke to Ron Martin on the telephone. Ron said he would not be able to do an interview until 2 - 3 months time at which the club would be in a positive light.

This is the type of comment he has been saying for the past 15 years, that things will be better in X months/years time. These forecasts never materialise, quite the opposite, typically things actually worsen. I would have no confidence in any of his timeframes, or him in general. One thing for sure though is we are languishing in non league football thanks to Ron.

This is the type of comment he has been saying for the past 15 years, that things will be better in X months/years time. These forecasts never materialise, quite the opposite, typically things actually worsen. I would have no confidence in any of his timeframes, or him in general. One thing for sure though is we are languishing in non league football thanks to Ron.
First the training pitches were going to be ready in the Spring, then it's the second quarter now it's summer.🙄

First the training pitches were going to be ready in the Spring, then it's the second quarter now it's summer.🙄
I read it as the training pitches will be ready in the spring, but Kev doesn't want to move over mid season?

I read it as the training pitches will be ready in the spring, but Kev doesn't want to move over mid season?
Do you really believe a multi million pound development is going to be held up just because Kev doesn't want to upset the training? It will also be far from mid season then.

Last edited:
Do you really belive a multi million pound development is going to be held up just because Kev doesn't want to upset the training? It will also be far from mid season then.
Since it allegedly came out of Kevs mouth (I wasn't at the agm so didn't witness it) then yes. When does season end - May? I guess that'll be the period we vacate B&L.

Back