• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

Today, we approached the football club by TL (who turned down interview) we will be offering him a right of reply to everything said by other people in the interview.

We also spoke to Ron Martin on the telephone. Ron said he would not be able to do an interview until 2 - 3 months time at which the club would be in a positive light. This call was filmed, but will not be shared or used as part of the documentary. I will comment on some of the sound bits from it though.

RM stated the stadium build was back out under tender and tenders are due on 27th January.

RM confirmed phase 1 (new training pitches) are complete and allow the club to move over in the summer which will allow the rest of the site work to commence.

A sub point to this is, if this is the only reason we're waiting to commence the project, why are we not at another training facility somewhere to just crack on?

RM stated he would be prepared to do an interview in 2-3 months time. The documentary will be out across social channels with 7M followers well before this time.

We have today interviewed ex playing staff, ex club employees, a current club employee who we have disguised there identity and fans. Tomorrow we will be interviewing more fans. Between 10am and 2pm.

If you're free to be involved, please do reach out.

We will be interviewing club sponsors and 2 confirmed people / businesses the club owe month too also.
Thank you for your efforts.

Do you really believe a multi million pound development is going to be held up just because Kev doesn't want to upset the training? It will also be far from mid season then.
When I went on the training ground tour that was what was pretty much said.

I think Tom mentioned that we could be on the pitches by March but could be delayed until the new season depending on where the team are position wise. If the team are in the mix for promotion / play offs then they would continue to use Boots and Laces. Could be a superstition thing.

Last edited:
One or two posters have become very worried by this news. They're obsessed with every thread which mentions the stadium project but have little interest in the football side of things. Make of that what you will!

I’ve re listened to the call recording and clearly confirms tenders due in 27th January 2023.
I just assumed what with the fossetts website and list of businesses involved all that side of it was in the can......

Im sure the people building the flats are 😐

I’ve re listened to the call recording and clearly confirms tenders due in 27th January 2023.
I hoped you meant chicken tenders, but nope, it's tenders to build the stadium.

This should have been wrapped up by now. Must be the 6th or 7th time over the past 15 years that he's said "it's going to tender". Will believe it when I see building work start.

At the Trust AGM TL and KM both said that its unlikely the team would move to the new training pitches until pre season as Kev didnt want there to be any disruption to routines etc. They also said that initially there would be portacabins for the team to change in but shower facilities would need to be used at RH where the Gym and catering will also be located until built at the new training site
I don’t ignore the facts, I had an impression it’s be finished by April. Unlike the protesters wannabe who don’t want to see and learn facts about Tom Lawrence statements and use their empty brain and want RM out now!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

I hoped you meant chicken tenders, but nope, it's tenders to build the stadium.

This should have been wrapped up by now. Must be the 6th or 7th time over the past 15 years that he's said "it's going to tender". Will believe it when I see building work start.
This probably is the only thing i can defend RM on. Tenders have a shelf life and run out if the works are not started at a given date. You also have to take into account rising prices on materials and thses past 12 months show that they change upwards daily and RM changes the plans every 5 minutes.

A Tender made previously could be miles out if you had to wait years to start and any tender given in Jan will also have clauses in it due to unknown future price increases. A building company would be mad these days to not put them in.

Last edited:
PG Site Services have now messaged pulling out of our interview planned for Friday. Not surprised, at all. With TL involvement at both businesses.

What I would say is. Sales Director Sean Goodger, said on the phone “You don’t know the half of it? We have loaned the football club a lot more than £40,000.” When asked how much more, he said he was unable to confirm, when pressed to if it is a 6 figure sum there was not a yes or a no, but alluded to the fact it is.

Again as I don’t have release to do so, we won’t share the call recording. But I will play it to Scott Peters today, who can verify it to other SZ members.

All we wanted to do, was promote PG Site Services in a positive light, for the support they have given our club.

Interesting to see Sean is also following certain Martin protest groups on Twitter.

PG Site Services have now messaged pulling out of our interview planned for Friday. Not surprised, at all. With TL involvement at both businesses.

What I would say is. Sales Director Sean Goodger, said on the phone “You don’t know the half of it? We have loaned the football club a lot more than £40,000.” When asked how much more, he said he was unable to confirm, when pressed to if it is a 6 figure sum there was not a yes or a no, but alluded to the fact it is.

Again as I don’t have release to do so, we won’t share the call recording. But I will play it to Scott Peters today, who can verify it to other SZ members.

All we wanted to do, was promote PG Site Services in a positive light, for the support they have given our club.

Interesting to see Sean is also following certain Martin protest groups on Twitter.

Do you think the Goodger's are potential new owners? Are they the source of the bridging loan?

I wonder what their motivation is in lending large sums to the club?

Back