• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep that is Jones's and will never be built on.Kentblues if you go to page 54 (Amended Design and Access Statement) of the revised planning application you will see the actual area of the new stadium, retail park, housing and training ground http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=11/00965/FULM
ThanksSo we think other than the proposed training pictures (in Rochford) there is nowhere else that would be permanent if the stadium where to be built.I assume CP is deploying his finely honed investigative journalism skills and is all over this. hopefully enlightenment is not to far away.

More sections arrived today - saw 2 low loader lorries carrying girder sections going into boots and laces around middday. Looks as though the load were being covered with black sheeting. Maybe being stored for a while ?

• Why has the Soccerdome been bought and where/why is it being erected when a decent training complex is included in stadium plans on the other side of Fossetts Way?
  • Where has the £2m to buy the Soccerdome, the however much it will cost to erect it, and the money to be used for transfer dealings this month come from?
  • What on Earth is presently happening with stadium plans?
  • How is Sainsbury's going to build its store without the pivotal purchase or Prospects for access, and with one of the low-cost supermarkets which is taking so much of its custom and profits away being built next door to the proposed new site?

All questions that need to be answered for the fans by the Club. The communication is absolutely woeful and I don't think many other clubs would be this poor at keeping its worried fanbase in the loop as to what is happening.

However, for me, the increased transfer funds and sudden appearance of over £2m to buy Europe's largest indoor football structure points to Sainsbury's pulling out of the Fossett's plans and having to pay several million £s in penalty fees - which is what RM is now using to bankroll a spend-up this month and to purchase the Soccerdome.

Good shout. The bottom two pitches belong to Cecil Jones School. Maybe this is the community tie up that has been talked about.

Wow, when I was at Cecil (30+ years ago) the only pitch we had was an oblong piece of scrub covered in dried up dog turds.

we also walked everywhere, only ate bread and dripping, had rickets etc. etc.

• Why has the Soccerdome been bought and where/why is it being erected when a decent training complex is included in stadium plans on the other side of Fossetts Way?
  • Where has the £2m to buy the Soccerdome, the however much it will cost to erect it, and the money to be used for transfer dealings this month come from?
  • What on Earth is presently happening with stadium plans?
  • How is Sainsbury's going to build its store without the pivotal purchase or Prospects for access, and with one of the low-cost supermarkets which is taking so much of its custom and profits away being built next door to the proposed new site?

All questions that need to be answered for the fans by the Club. The communication is absolutely woeful and I don't think many other clubs would be this poor at keeping its worried fanbase in the loop as to what is happening.

However, for me, the increased transfer funds and sudden appearance of over £2m to buy Europe's largest indoor football structure points to Sainsbury's pulling out of the Fossett's plans and having to pay several million £s in penalty fees - which is what RM is now using to bankroll a spend-up this month and to purchase the Soccerdome.

I think the actual purchase price of the Dome is much less than 2M - that includes transport and erection costs.

When i was at Wentworth high School ( now Cecil Jones )over 50 years ago we had 2 soccer pitches in Jones memorial sports ground then, so wonder how they lost one if they only had one 30 odd year ago Gustav.:smile:

I think the actual purchase price of the Dome is much less than 2M - that includes transport and erection costs.

Still begs the question of where in the name of Jesus of Nazareth he managed to get his hands on £2,000,000 plus whatever extra money is available for the Transfer Window. Ron Martin is broke, the club's bank balance hardly tops £200,000 and as of Summer 2014 we barely had a pot to **** in.

When i was at Wentworth high School ( now Cecil Jones )over 50 years ago we had 2 soccer pitches in Jones memorial sports ground then, so wonder how they lost one if they only had one 30 odd year ago Gustav.:smile:

My older brother was one of the first kids to attend the new campus, he thought it was great. But, it took a significant turn for the worse in the late 70s due to the influence of Grange Hill. We, the children of the Cecil Jones Tucker and Trish years are scarred for life.

As for the missing pitch - the caretaker's rickets got so bad that he could only white-line one of them.

Still begs the question of where in the name of Jesus of Nazareth he managed to get his hands on £2,000,000 plus whatever extra money is available for the Transfer Window. Ron Martin is broke, the club's bank balance hardly tops £200,000 and as of Summer 2014 we barely had a pot to **** in.

compensation money from sainsburys perhaps ??? who knows

compensation money from sainsburys perhaps ??? who knows

Yup, that's what I said in my original post a little way up, and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised. But where is the communication telling us this has happened and informing us what the next steps are?

Yup, that's what I said in my original post a little way up, and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised. But where is the communication telling us this has happened and informing us what the next steps are?

I was asking all this when the dome was first mentioned, and also on page 4 of this thread. Incredible that we still haven't been told where the money came from, even tho the best guess is Sainsbury's compensation.

I suspect this dome project is actilly very little to do with sufc as a whole and Ron only a bit part player. I think this is just a ready made football business that needed somewhere to be based....to compete with play football etc....Ron said I've got a good spot you can use....This dome will be a full time 5/7 a side business set up that SUFC will use occasionally.

I suspect this dome project is actilly very little to do with sufc as a whole and Ron only a bit part player. I think this is just a ready made football business that needed somewhere to be based....to compete with play football etc....Ron said I've got a good spot you can use....This dome will be a full time 5/7 a side business set up that SUFC will use occasionally.

I think you are wrong but time will tell. However if you're right Ricky Duncan and Phil Brown will be well ****ed off

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/11...er_the_moon__at_arrival_of_London_Soccerdome/

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/11...ondon_Soccerdome_will_be_a_significant_boost/

Just been to B&Q and followed 2 low loaders with bits of the dome. They fit nicely on to one and obviously were dssigned to be dismantled. When I had been to B&Q the lorries, now joined by another werre blocking the road as they find it hard to turn in to Boots and Laces and they need time to unload.

Just been to B&Q and followed 2 low loaders with bits of the dome. They fit nicely on to one and obviously were dssigned to be dismantled. When I had been to B&Q the lorries, now joined by another werre blocking the road as they find it hard to turn in to Boots and Laces and they need time to unload.

Not long ago passed a low loader at the Bell and wondered if the big metal frame was part of the dome heading towards Boots & Laces,I assume I was correct

Back